Senior Fund Accounting Manager
We are looking to recruit a qualified senior fund accounting manager with alternative investment funds experience for a growing fund administration business based in Exeter, Devon. The successful candidate will be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified with a minimum 5 years PQE and possess strong technical accounting, leadership and communication skills. The role is responsible for managing a dedicated team providing all aspects of fund administration and accounting to a portfolio of alternative investment fund clients.
- Proactively manage and lead a team in all aspects of fund administration and accounting for a portfolio of alternative investment fund clients.
- Perform reviews of primary accounting records, ensuring controls and procedures are followed and manage the resolution of complex issues.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all client and regulatory reporting, including undertaking quality assurance reviews.
- Ensure all internal controls are adhered to (ISAE3402) and a proactive process of risk identification/mitigation and improvement.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of fund accounting platforms, processes and systems.
- Proactively review, identify and implement efficient process enhancements to ensure the client service provided is of the highest standard
- Manage effective implementation of on-boarding new business and fund changes and participate in new prospect presentations.
- Attend client company board and management meetings as required and act as the senior point of contact for clients.
- Ensure continuous review of team procedures, policies, systems and robust management and implementation of projects/initiatives.
- Manage all client negotiations regarding Service Level Agreements.
- Act as a technical accounting point of reference (IFRS and UK GAAP financial reporting).
- Liaise directly with Investment Managers, AIFM's, Depositaries, Auditors and other necessary 3rd Parties.
- Work collaboratively with line management, peers and staff to share best practice, enhance operational effectiveness and create awareness of issues throughout the business
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified.
- Proven experience of managing a team, leadership and people management.
- Experience of managing and delivering within a changing environment.
- Detailed knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS as applied to the alternative investment funds industry.
- Extensive fund administration and accounting experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrably methodical and highly organised with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Previous experience of Yardi Voyager, AltaReturn or Simcorp Dimension (desirable).
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated
- Innovation, change and continuous improvement
- Capable of managing multiple concurrent tasks in a demanding business environment
- Able to work with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Diligent, a committed team player with a pro-active style.