Application Sales Specialist (Export)
to be based at St Neots, Cambridgeshire Facility
Reporting to the Internal Sales Lead who in turn reports to the Group Commercial Director.
- Scientific degree qualifications in a science discipline.
- Some former sales support / customer service experience is an advantage as is familiarity with benchtop laboratory equipment, fluidics products and chromatography instruments and consumables.
- Team player, self-motivated with excellent attention to detail.
- Customer focussed.
- Excellent time management, ability to meet deadlines and to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to identify, question and solve enquiries and customer related problems.
- Flexibility and Adaptability.
- Familiarity or ability to learn CRM and Quoting software systems used by the team.
The post holder will work as part of the Internal Sales team (office based) under the direction of the Internal Sales Lead.
The product portfolio the post holder will be responsible for selling and supporting. Taking responsibility of additional products may also be required following any strategic acquisitions.
The post holder will be accountable for the Internal Sales target in conjunction and working closely with the Internal Sales team. Targets will be pre-determined by the Internal Sales Lead and Group Commercial Director.
- Generate quotations in QuoteWerks for Export customers.
- Answer inbound telephone calls / email queries in a professional, timely and business-like manner.
- Reach out to Category Sales Managers and Technical Support resources (both internal and external) to ensure customers are given accurate and detailed responses to any technical questions.
- Act upon enquiries generated through the Company's various promotional and marketing activities and administer and update their status on the company's systems (CRM).
- To provide timely resolution of warranty repairs, chargeable repairs or re-calibration of products.
- Continuous development of marketplace and product knowledge to support above functions.
- To assist in other areas of office functions when required and to provide holiday cover for other members.
- Feedback and effectively communicate any customer suggestions/complaints/queries via appropriate processes and procedures.
- If required make sales visits to customer site, attend trade shows, seminars, exhibitions and other promotional activities on behalf of the company under the direction of the Internal Sales Lead.
The post holder is required to establish effective working relationships with various departments including Export Sales team, Customer service, Stores, Marketing, Accounts, and external suppliers and distributors.