The Hamelin Trust support people with learning disabilities. We provide a range of services across Essex, ranging from short break respite care to outreach services.
We are seeking a Treasurer to join our board to help oversee the financial position of the charity. Providing your financial skills and experience will have a positive impact on the organisation as a whole and their beneficiaries.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a great organisation and a committed team who provide an invaluable service to those with learning disabilities.
Treasurer Key Responsibilities
- To oversee budgets, accounts, management accounts and financial statements on behalf of the Board of Trustees after discussion with the finance director, where applicable.
- To ensure that proper accounts and records are kept, ensuring financial resources are spent and invested in line with the charity’s policies, good governance, legal and regulatory requirements.
- To be instrumental in the development and implementation of financial, reserves and investment policies.
The board meets every two months, and the Finance and Resources committee meets before each full board meeting.
- Financial qualifications and experience within a charity, not for profit or business.
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
- Commitment to the organisation.
- Enjoy change and the implementation of change.
- Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort and to impart the benefit of their skills and experience.
- Strategic vision.
- Good, independent judgement.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Willingness to speak their mind.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- Leadership skills.
- Qualified accountant.
- Knowledge of charity SORP and impending changes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of charity fundraising and finance practices.
How to apply
Applications must be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. In order to apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.
Apply for Treasurer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly