A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Senior Business Consultant based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
Design & Initiation (D&I) plays a key part in the transformational change within the firm. The team has two core purposes to support this transformational agenda to become a simpler, better, faster organisation. The Senior Business Consultant will be aligned to a business domain and/or function and will be responsible to help shape and define the change agenda for the Line of Business / Function they support. The role holder will be responsible for advising leaders with multi-year transformational agendas, providing structure, planning and input to transformation strategy and driving design and mobilisation effort on strategic programmes, adding speed, certainty and accuracy to the structure and the delivery of programme benefits. They would often play a people/team management role within the projects/programmes they work on.
The Senior Business Consultant will be required to understand the purpose and priorities of the organisation, both now and in the future and identify short, medium and long-term opportunities to develop business and/or revenue from new or existing Group customers and responding appropriately. The role holder will be accountable for developing the overall change effort into a series of projects, workstreams and/or component activities; understanding the effort, schedule, dependencies and critical path. They would manage material changes to scope, schedule, resources or budget e.g. through a change request process and performance of individuals and teams against agreed support/outputs/ plan.
The Senior Business Consultant will be accountable to identify and define problems related to change delivery for the wider business and implement solutions and anticipating their impact on the business operations and cultures. The role holder will be responsible for translating the business model into an operating model, considering customers, services, teams and governance and understanding the impact of change against the target operating model; testing and refining designs with stakeholders and change audiences. They will also continually reassess the operational risks and likelihood of operational risk occurring and should any address areas of concern with line management and / or the appropriate business stakeholders. Effective and timely remedial action should be evidenced.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Be knowledgeable about firm’s environment including: Organisation structures; firms business drivers; Group and businesses’ strategy; Acquisitions and mergers; Processes; Systems and Current state vs. Target state.
- Be knowledgeable of the external environment including: Main banking competitors; Innovation & Technologies; Regulatory environment; Key events in world / local news that could impact firm; Global economy;
- Have a good working knowledge and relationships with one or more areas within the lines of business the Senior Business Consultant is aligned to.
- Be able to demonstrate strong business knowledge and sound business sense.
- Demonstrate effective financial skills to develop a detailed business case, including investments, detailed benefits (financial, non-financial and strategic) and link to overall finances of the business
- Substantial years of experience working on business consulting / Industry experience within large complex organisations. Overall financial services industry knowledge with specific functional expertise ideal.
- Experience of working closely with Strategy and Planning and the business / function board ideal.
- Demonstrated ability to build, maintain and navigate the organisation using formal / informal networking skills.
- Experience in managing others and directing work efforts to achieve support effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrated experience with organisational change and business transformation; proficiency in Change
- Confidence to commit – advising and a willingness to speak up when it counts.
- Strong knowledge, but not academic in their approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and some experience in face-to-face presentation.
- Problem solving and review skills.
Closing dates for applications: 2nd October 2019