A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Technology Service Owner - Core Technology Mainframe based in Sheffield.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Technology Service Owner will be leading the global teams responsible for engineering, deploying environments and operating the Core Technology infrastructure platform and solutions that run in Data Centres globally. They will work closely with business and Technology stakeholders to design, deliver and operate global solutions that utilise appropriate infrastructure technology such that they are efficient, cost optimal and highly resilient. The role holder would publish, maintain and execute the strategic Technology Roadmap of the Core Technology Service for the platform and improve the platform services globally by driving excellence in availability, scalability, stability and quality.
The Technology Service Owner will be supporting the teams to drive transformation initiatives of the Mainframe domain and proactively manage the risks associated with the platform and execute the agreed remediation plan for all identified risks and issues. The role holder would develop a data driven decision model which enable the teams to become more proactive and less reactive. They will play a key role in deploying new technology and processes to support the DevOps initiatives, open up the Mainframe platform, empower the developers to adopt the agile software development methodology
The Technology Service Owner will be responsible for managing stakeholders expectations and maintaining a working relationship with the teams with focus on transparency and collaboration. They would also manage third party vendors relationship and effectively leveraging the vendors to improve the teams capabilities and shape the product developments to suit firm’s needs and provide a robust and cost efficient Mainframe infrastructure for the platform to accommodate planned workloads and support the Mainframe domain strategies.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Experience and proven track record in product management and strategic planning of large scale IT platform.
- Thorough understanding of the management processes required to run large multi-country IT installations.
- In-depth understanding of the technical products and platform usages within the Enterprise Services sub-function and future roadmaps.
- Proven experience in Engineering and Management within a large Mainframe installation.
- Strong leadership and management skills together with the ability to motivate staff from a variety of backgrounds.
- Proven ability to manage third party vendors and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong commercial orientation, track record of balancing risks versus rewards and maximizing the cost effectiveness.
- Ability to work in a multi country, culturally diverse and time zone separated management role.
- Good communications skills and ability to motivate and communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Good team player in a management team.
- Analytical with the ability to understand and resolve complex problems.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
Closing dates for applications: 2nd October 2019