- Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- 8am - 5pm
My client is currently for a Mechanical Engineer to work as part of their well-established maintenance team, based on a large hospital in Wakefield. You will report into the Technical Services Manager and work alongside other electrical and mechanical engineers to bring a full ppm and reactive service to all building services on the site. The role is 40 hours a week - Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm.
- Being a key lead on each shift taking responsibility of the division of work on the shift and acting as point of knowledge for more junior engineers.
- Working on all mechanical building assets, such as plumbing, heating, water systems, drainage, control valves, air-conditioning plant, and steam and condenser systems
- Planned preventative maintenance and scheduled lifecycle project work
- Reactive breakdown work
- Working both on the wards (customer facing) and behind the scenes (plant rooms)
- Completing all necessary paperwork associated with the role
- Managing on-site contractors
- Adhering to all Health and Safety policies and procedures
The site has free parking and the client is committed to investing in it's employees, as a result training and advancement are part of the culture here.
The ideal applicant will be an experience mechanical engineer and will ideally have worked in a hospital or large critical site before. The ideal applicant will have the following skills and qualifications:
- City and Guilds or NVQ in mechanical discipline
- Maintenance experience on commercial properties
- Experience working as part of a team and leading others
- Positive attitude and good customer services
- Willing to learn and interesting in becoming an Authorised Person