Data Manager TRAF86510
- An exciting opportunity for a Data Analyst or Senior Data Analyst to take the next step in their career
- Sector specific training will be provided
- Experience in Public Sector or Professional Services desirable
Our client is one of the leading providers of education and training in Manchester, offering quality, responsive provision which meets the needs of young people, adults, and employers alike. The College has invested £50m over the past few years in world-class buildings and facilities and are continuing to grow and invest for the future following our merge with Stockport College.
Purpose of the Role:
Reporting to the Management Information Services Director, this role is a key lynchpin in the team and is an ideal way to develop or hone your leadership skills. You will be responsible for the direct and in-direct line management of the team and act as deputy to the Director on occasion. You will enable the team to deliver excellence in both compliance and service. With an eye on the future you will also be thinking about how they can develop their processes, identifying opportunities to improve the student experience through their journey at the college. You will be joining our client at an exciting point in their journey and will be supporting them to review a range of new technologies. Your ability to tune in to the needs of internal clients, external partners and a changing regulatory environment will help you direct resources and focus the effort of the team to provide innovative solutions.
- Development of data reports, analytics and dashboards to ensure information is available in a way that meets the requirements of the service users.
- Optimisation of income generation for the college
- Enabling the team to deliver service excellence
- Development of systems through the systems development team
- Responsible for compliance to all internal and external regulatory requirements including monthly returns of student records, accurate learner records
- Ensuring they are Ofsted and audit ready at all times with respect to data
- Driving growth of the college by fostering great relationships with partners especially those of key strategic priority for example, employers of apprenticeships
- Reporting to leadership of the group to facilitate decision making
- Your success in this role will be built on a solid foundation that comes from your breadth of experience in a busy Information, Data, or Planning department
- You can interpret complex client requests and translate effectively to deliver excellent results for learners and your colleagues in the college
- If you've not worked in Further Education sector specific training will be provided, and experience in a regulatory sector such as insurance or banking would help you in this role. Experience in the public sector or services to the public sector would also be useful.
- You are a skilled and flexible coach who can deliver through others, backed up with a technical awareness of data systems and processes
The College Group promotes, celebrates and values diversity and is committed to promoting equality for all.
They are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check via the Disclosure and Barring Service and any post in regulated activity will also be subject to an additional barred list check.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 28th August 2019
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.