- Lead and manage the Finance and Resources functions
- This role would suit a qualified accountant with a passion for education
A leading Independent School in Derbyshire
- To prepare budgets and forecasts & maintain cash flow projections.
- Advising on general financial policy within the school.
- To take a lead on year end audits and liaising with external stakeholders.
- Payment of all salaries and wages, including PAYE, Superannuation and National Insurance Contributions.
- Administering pension schemes for teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Providing end of year financial statements in an accurate and timely manner.
- Involvement in the marketing and development of the school.
- To act as the Principal's adviser on employment matters including disciplinary procedures.
The successful candidate for the Bursar role will:
- Hold a relevant accountancy qualification (ACCA/ACA/CIMA/CIPFA).
- Have strong financial accounting skills & able to manage large budgets.
- Have good communication & presentation skills.
- Be able to manage and develop members of staff.
- Be committed, efficient, proactive and with high integrity.
- Have strong IT skills & commercial awareness.
Up to £45,000 basic salary + Benefits