Electrical Design Engineer
My client who are a national engineering business based on Wearside currently require a senior Electrical Design Engineer.
- Engineering design for current products and new product developments (hardware and software) with an emphasis on software
- Manufacturing support/ commissioning.
- Ideally you will have experience in a Automation environment
- Produce project specifications, manufacturing diagrams and software within agreed timescales.
- Carry out design work applicable to customer specifications
- Provide specifications that are consistent with current Electrical Engineering Department practise regarding drawing formats and component selection.
- Liasing with Manufacturing, Projects and Mechanical design at regular project meetings.
- Provide technical guidance on any engineering issues within the Electrical Engineering Department which may require specific knowledge/experience.
- HND/degree in electrical/electronic engineering incorporating elements of control system theory.
- Previous experience of control systems hardware and software design, commissioning and support preferably in a machine building/ Automation environement.
- Experience of PLCs, HMIs, ac drives and servo drives, current safety and EMC legislation relating to electrical control systems.
- Experience of the implementation and use of electrical CAD packages such as E Plan or similar.
- Project management experience.