Server Engineers - JID 7387
- Role: Server Engineers - REF 16371
- Contracting Authority: Central Government
- Contract Length: 3 months
- Location: Essex central office is in Basildon
- IR35: inside
- Pay Rate to Candidate: TBA
- Security Clearance: BPSS
- Ensure maximum availability of IT Systems. Actively manage, monitor and analyse technical Infrastructure, taking remedial action where necessary in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organisation.
- Apply specialist expertise to a range of highly complex technical infrastructure situations and problems, where, without such intervention there is considerable uncertainty as to the outcome. Provide analysis and input to root cause reviews.
- Plan, install, support and maintain multiple complex technologies including server hardware and software, storage networks, applications, Network equipment and existing and new infrastructure across multiple locations. Identify and communicate technical risks to the team manager making appropriate recommendations where necessary.
- Provide 3rd line infrastructure support to client and its clients ensuring prompt resolution in line with agreed service level agreements and contracts
- Support the team manager in managing effective use of Infrastructure systems to ensure that the client base receives sufficiently responsive and reliable data and application platforms
- Working with the team manager on planning, project work, risk management and documentation around infrastructure ensuring that all system design and implementation is carried out in line with our agreed standards
- Effectively manage assigned work packages to design, analyse and implement effective and appropriately resilient infrastructure solutions in a highly complex environment within specified parameters to meet client requirements; ensuring that all solutions are researched, tested and fully documented
Take responsibility for the security and confidentiality of personal and sensitive information owned by client, its staff, partners and patients, through strict adherence to information governance policies, best practice and authorised use of smartcards and passwords
- Specific skill set
- HYPER V exp
- experience remote accessed servers
- HSCN Desirable
- Building Servers
- Available to start 1.8.19
- Own Vehicle
Solid understanding of current IT standards, capabilities and developments in server, storage and applications delivery
Significant proven knowledge of server hardware and software including Active Directory and Group Policy and supporting Networking equipment
Highly adept understanding of Microsoft products such as Server (2012, 2016),
Ability to identify and evaluate highly complex problems based on a broad knowledge of technical experience
Proven motivation and demonstrated capability for analytical, creative and innovative thought
Ability to analyse complex data, observe trends and formulate conclusions and solutions
Ability to convey complex IT issues and solutions to peer groups, non IT staff and 3rd party suppliers.