This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a well-established, well-respected Berkshire based Training Provider. You will take a pivotal role in managing the delivery of apprenticeship programmes including overseeing the quality of delivery, progression of learners and the overall financial viability.
- Manage the Management, Administration, Customer Service, Warehousing and Accountancy sub-areas of learning and their available resources to ensure the retention and timely achievement of learners are maintained at the agreed target levels. This is typically above 80% overall achievement.
- Responsible for ensuring maths & English needs are delivered across the programmes, to act as IQA for the relevant awarding organisation and support staff development in relation to this area.
- Responsible for conducting the performance tracking of Training Consultants within these programme areas to ensure that learners achieve, make progress according to their starting points and are retained on programmes. This will include addressing any under-represented groups and closing any achievement gaps.
- Quality assure Management Information about the programmes to ensure that compliance is met in line with the relevant funding rules.
- Through management of staff within the team, ensure the quality of provision and manage any financial liabilities of the programmes.
- Promote the use of digital learning so that training sessions are innovative, stretching & challenging
- Attend meetings when requested by the Senior Management Team to assist in the development and planning of business critical issues.
- Ensure that programmes are quality assured by supporting the observation of teaching, learning and assessment schedule. This will also include the auditing of learner files to ensure they are compliant with the funding rules.
- Evaluate training and development requests from the programme team and ensure relevance to staff, programme and business needs against available budget before presenting to the Director of Curriculum for approval.
- Support the design and co-ordinate the delivery of in-house programmes to meet the quality requirements of the Awarding Organisation, Ofsted and other regulatory bodies.
- Manage and co-ordinate the End Point Assessment Process for all in house delivery
- Act as a Training Consultant for in-house training programmes as appropriate.
- Assessor Qualification & a Teaching Qualification (or a commitment to work towards)
- Experience of successfully delivering apprenticeships in relevant occupational area.
- Experience of designing curriculum
- Experience of delivery
- Experience of managing the End Point Assessment process
- Experience of managing staff to achieve targets in a cost effective and timely manner
- Experience of successful employer engagement within a college/training provider setting.
- Experience or knowledge of the new Apprenticeship standards in the relevant occupational area.
- Experience of managing and tracking maths and English achievement within apprenticeships