IT Service Desk Analyst
IT SERVICE DESK ANALYST
6 Months Fixed Term Contract
What we need...
With a dedicated team in the Birmingham office the plan is to employ talent locally to provide IT support to internal staff operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To optimise this team further, we are establishing a "Follow-the-Sun" IT Service Desk that will complement the provision of high quality technical support to all staff in any time zone or continent around the globe.
What you need...
Being the first point of contact the most important skill you'll need is communication. By this we mean that whatever the time, however busy, you will talk with a smile. Your helpful nature and calm approach will give confidence to each and every contact.
What you'll be doing ...
- Log all incidents / service requests / queries within the IT Service Management system
- Answer all phone calls and web portal tickets
- Carry out initial diagnostics to resolve or escalate issues, aiming to resolve the majority of calls remotely
- Liaise with 2nd and 3rd line teams as required
- Update and propose knowledge base entries
- Provide assistance with IT Admin (starters/leavers data management)
- Assist others with urgent tasks as required
To achieve greatness in this department you'll need:
- At least 2 years of consistent work supporting MS products (Windows, Office, AD, Exchange)
- Remote access (Citrix, VPN)
- Ticketing system experience
- Relevant certifications or qualifications
- Knowledge of ITIL framework
34 hour week Monday to Sunday on a rotational basis. Shift cover as below. Please note these shifts will alter slightly around the time zone changes in Australia and UK in March and October each year.
Monday - Friday:
07:00 - 15:00
07:30 - 15:30
08:00 - 16:00
08:30 - 16:30
09:00 - 17:00
09.30 - 17.30
10:00 - 18:00
12:00 - 20:00
14:00 - 22:00
14:30 - 22:30
Saturday & Sunday:
05:00 - 11:00
11:00 - 17:00
17:00 - 23:00
23:00 - 05:00
Weekends & public holidays will also be required on a rota basis shared between the Australia and UK teams.
What can we offer you?
- Access to training and development to refresh or enhance your current skillset;
- Competitive salary plus shift allowance and benefits package, including 25 days holiday, private healthcare and contributory pension.
- Flexibility on shift patterns.
Who we are....
A global success story - Pinsent Masons, started off small and over decades have grown exponentially. With 24 offices worldwide, our success can be attributed to the 3,000+ staff that we have employed over the years, as well as the diversity of services we have provided to global sectors. These have included energy, infrastructure, financial services, real estate, advanced manufacturing and technology.
Being awarded the 'Best Law firm for Tech' in 2018 wasn't given because we are stuffy, too corporate, pretentious or staid. Nor for being shortlisted for 'Law Firm of the Year', 'Most Innovative', 'Excellence in Diversity', 'Employee Engagement' - need we say more?
Why wouldn't you want to consider working for an organisation with such accolades?
For any queries or for a copy of the full job description then please contact our in-house recruiter Helen Simpson. Please note we only accept CVs that are logged on the Recruitment portal.