Senior Management Accountant
- An extraordinary opportunity to work for a leading NHS organisation
- A challenging and exciting role with room for progression.
The trust is a prestigious NHS organisation, with a very strong brand as a leader in specialist healthcare. With their large turnover, the role will bring about a diverse workload and fantastic opportunity for progression.
You will work alongside the Finance Manager - Financial Accounts and the Head of Procurement to support the Assistant Director of Finance, as a valuable member of the Senior Finance Team. You will be required to offer professional advice and represent the Finance team when liaising with Executives and other senior non-finance managers either as part of formal group meetings or on an ad hoc basis.
The role includes, but is not limited to;
- Supporting the Finance Manager with the month-end process as Management Accountant
- Investigating financial variances and reporting on these in board meetings
- Assisting the Finance Business Partner in presenting financial reports to budget-holders
- Managing and developing a team of commercial accountants
In leading the Management Accounts team you will be required to set day to day priorities including month end transactional tasks, maintaining the organisational forecast and ensuring the team deliver a good service to Budget Managers. You will also be required to ensure that the Medium Term Financial Plan is maintained ahead of annual budget setting.
- CIMA/ACCA/CIPFA qualified accountant
- A proven ability to communicate strongly (written, verbal and graphics) and present complex messages to board members
- Proven analytical skills in seeing different perspectives of a problem, producing useful information and making recommendations
- Proven ability to work within a team of Finance professionals to ensure results are achieved and all deadlines are met
- Proven ability to identify and resolve critical business issues within a complex organisation
- Proven experience of using a range of finance metrics and systems to set, monitor and analyse financial performance
- Salary of £42,000- £48,000
- Additional benefits to be discussed