A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ an Associate, LAF based in London
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
An Associate role within the Leveraged & Acquisition Finance (“LAF”) team is responsible for supporting Directors / Associate Directors to implement LAF's, Capital Markets and the wider Group strategy. The role holder will actively lead juniors and assist in developing a value led high performance culture across the LAF team locally and the wider group. They will support LAF Management in the implementation of strategy in order to maintain a strong, sustainable deal pipeline across the platform locally in line with the group purpose, vision and values through building, assist developing and maintaining client relationships and engaging with stakeholders across Global Banking & Markets and the wider group.
An Associate will take responsibility for ensuring effective governance structures and processes are followed and to developing an understanding of critical issues across LAF, working in partnership with support functions and the wider group. They will support LAF management locally in the origination, underwriting and syndication of event driven and flow financing solutions for the firm’s corporate and financial sponsor clients. They will proactively engage with the LAF management and team to implement Capital Markets strategy and Global Standards.
An Associate will participate in the Global or Regional as required Capital Allocation Committee (CAC), Client Selection and Reputational Risk Committee (CSRRC), Sub Investment Grade Committee (SIC), Credit Committee and others. The role holder will develop and populate financing models, extracting the required information from diverse and generic sources and ensure that such models are accurate, consistent and as clear as possible facilitating rapid review by senior team members. They will assist in the structuring of transactions and assist in the preparation CAC/TRM/Credit, SIC & SCRRC submissions anticipating inter alia credit issues, market trends and competitive dynamics and take responsibility for accurate reporting of income, work in progress status for transactions involved, ensuring that deal folders are complete and that confidential registers are appropriately maintained.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Strong and proven technical leveraged finance product knowledge and transaction experience
- Educated to a degree standard.
- Exposure to the financial sponsor market.
- Proven experience of supporting VP/Directors/Managing Directors to help gain substantial business for the Group across a full range of products.
- Proven experience of guiding, mentoring & leading Analyst with the supporting teams.
- Demonstrate capacity to build & develop long term relationships including at key decision maker level for clients.
- Excellent execution skills exposure and industry knowledge.
- Excellent knowledge of firms Group and products, and a strong network of contacts across all business areas.
- Proven record of proactively supporting the development, origination and execution of client solutions.
- Advanced understanding of risk management and risk mitigation.
Closing dates for applications 17th September 2019