Chief of Staff
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Chief of Staff based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Chief of Staff is responsible for providing direct support to the Global Head of Operations across all areas of responsibility, both within operations of the firm or external activities. The role holder will handle strategic projects, managing projects, either internally or externally driven, to achieve the Global Head of Operations’ objectives which includes- developing and executing communication strategy, both internal and external; liaise under direction of Senior and Executive Management across Ops as required; serving as integral interlink between Chief Operating Officer's office, Strategy & Transformation teams and Global head of Operations. The Chief of Staff is accountable to adhere to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
The Chief of Staff will travel with the Global Head of Operations all the while building a strategic plan for the Global Head of Operation’s global travel, with consideration of key markets, businesses, and strategic priorities. The role holder will ensure that appropriate governance is implemented along with robust documentation and supporting management controls. They will deliver the highest quality, most succinct output that is suitable for executive and senior management and external parties (including regulators) regardless of pressures. The role holder needs to understand the potential impact of changes happening in the Financial Services industry due to governments, regulators, media, investors and brokers on Global Operations and the firm and respond accordingly.
The Chief of Staff will also be responsible to continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology and services. This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring and by owning and managing any areas of concern.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Proven ability to articulate and synthesise complex issues concisely and in simple language to support problem analysis
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels
- Proven experience of positive, challenging interactions with senior executives
- Outstanding relationship management, collaboration and influencing skills
- Strong background in financial/analytical reasoning, including being able to contextualise financial data into business activities and conclusions
- Practical experience of business transformation activities
- High level of personal drive and motivation to ensure delivery of a broad range of outputs simultaneously across the firm
- Proven abilities in working across cultures
- Strong understanding of the firm’s structures, processes and objectives across the Group
- Strong knowledge of the external environment – regulatory, political, competitors etc.
- Educated to graduate degree level in business management related field or associated relevant business experience
Closing dates for applications 17th September 2019