Solutions Architect Network
- Solutions Architect Networks
With continued exciting growth on this large and complex IT Estate, we have a requirement for an experienced Solution Architect within Networks to assist the delivery of a viable, management and fit-for-purpose application solution that meets the needs of this large, secure client; and be capable of being effectively managed in service. You will be the solution owner for the full lifecycle of a solution from feasibility to delivery and this will ensure the solution has continuity from an architectural and design perspective. You are also responsible for driving the architectural direction of all tasks allocated by a Programme or Principal Architect throughout the delivery lifecycle of the task.
Please note that it is essential that you are eligible for and prepared to go through advanced Security Clearance for this position.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of end-to-end solution/technical design, ensuring alignment with the strategic technical architecture.
- Responsible for ensuring the solution/design process is adhered to during all phases of project delivery.
- Provide solution and technical SME input to appropriate levels to supplement internal skills (e.g. when new technologies are being investigated).
- Provide an escalation point for design related issues within projects.
- Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy.
- Identify, communicate and manage Information Assurance risks.
- Design security architecture elements to mitigate risks in liaison with Solution Leads.
- Create solutions that balance business requirements with information and cyber security requirements.
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements.
- Definition of security architecture, demonstrating solutions delivery, principles and emerging technologies.
- Good knowledge of core Cisco Networking technologies covering switching, routing, Unified Communications.
- Knowledge of Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems.
- Firewall Configuration and Management.
- IT Security Solutions (Policy Based, Physical, Environment Hardening & Software) & Provisioning and Implementation.
- Security monitoring platforms such as SEIM.
- Endpoint Management (Device Control, Data Protection, Application Control etc.)
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Infrastructure covering Windows Server 2012/2016 administration, Active Directory design, SCCM/SCOM deployment.
- Linux based OS Administration.
- Experience of new WAN technologies such as Ectocrypt blue and Nexus switches.
- ACI, NSX.
- About us
Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end to end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.
Sopra Steria has been a key provider of specialist systems and services to the Ministry of Defence (MOD) for over 30 years. Independence, broad capability and knowledgeable people with a reputation for operational and commercial flexibility have secured our position as one of the MOD's top ten ICT suppliers
Sopra Steria is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.
Find out more
Visit the Sopra Steria website and Sopra Steria LinkedIn company page.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/87546420