Export Compliance Officer
Great position open for a Compliance Officer with good experience in Trade Compliance, to join a Global manufacturing company who operate within aerospace and defence. This will be a permanent position based in Greenford with competitive rates on offer as well as great benefits.
- Experience in trade compliance procedures and documentation
- Ability to build productive relationships at all levels inside and outside the organisation
- Ability to design, develop and maintain processes and procedures
- Ability to problem solve independently and as part of a team Highly organised Ability to meet deadlines and manage varying workload
- Perform regulatory analysis to determine proper jurisdiction and appropriate classification of hardware, software and technology.
- Carry out and manage due diligence checks on agents, customers, suppliers and service providers.
- Review technical data that is being proposed for transfer or export to assess technical content and make appropriate classification and export licence determinations.
- Prepare export licence applications and authorisations, including SIEL licences.
- Check Customs documentation and update tracking spreadsheets and the company ERP system accordingly, ready for HMRC and UK DIT Export Control compliance reports and audits.
- Track status of all export authorisation requests from internal request to Governmental approval to close of licence/authorisation, as appropriate.
- Provide support with the request of end-user undertakings and address queries raised by Customer Services and/or PCS customers related to the undertakings.
- Assist in updating and maintaining the company ERP system with the correct export control classifications, tariff codes, end-user undertakings, export licences and export control statements.
- As a member of the Trade Compliance Team, serve as a focal point for export compliance queries.
- Assist with the management of PCS' trade compliance system, including updates to the relevant processes.
- Complete Export Classification Questionnaires and End-User Certificates for customers and suppliers.
- Raise relevant Customs documentation required for exhibitions, demonstrations, trials, supplier returns and exports of military technical data.
- Undertake any other tasks as required to support the PCS business.