- Reed Business Information - $1bn Global Data & Analytics business and part of the FTSE100 RELX Group
- Salary up to £60,000 + 25 days holiday + 2 paid charity days + share options scheme + pension + more
Proagrica is a global provider of independent connectivity and data-driven support solutions for the agriculture and animal health industries. We are a division of Reed Business Information - a subsidiary of the RELX Group listed on the NYSE with over 30,000 employees worldwide.
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join the Proagrica Data and Analytics group. This represents an exciting opportunity to join Proagrica and work with a thriving team in delivering exciting customer solutions.
The successful candidate will need to hit the ground running, with a proven track record in software development. As a Senior Software Engineer, we also expect the candidate to take the lead on developments and coach other team members where necessary. The tech stack the team is using includes: React, Redux and Semantic UI for front end, Node.js for server side, and our back end technologies are Elasticsearch and MongoDB.
- Analysing and designing software
- Planning and breaking down technical work
- Recommending scalable and cost-effective AWS-based infrastructures
- Working closely with business analysts, designers and product owners
- Vast knowledge of the Elastic stack, including complex aggregation queries
- Strong practical understanding of DevOps, including testing frameworks, deployments etc.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Agile Development experience
- A real interest and passion for software development and high quality code
- Experience with React / Redux
- Experience with NodeJS
So who are RBI and Proagrica?
Reed Business Information (RBI) use leading edge technology to deliver market leading information and online data services to business professionals worldwide. Customers have access to our high-value industry data, analytics, information and tools. Our strong global brands hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day.
RBI people are driven by an environment focussed on innovation, passion for our products, and collaboration, where working in an agile manner is par for the course. RBI is part of RELX, a FTSE100 global provider of data, information and solutions for professional customers; RELX has recently been ranked by Forbes as #53 in their Top-2000 Global Employers.
Proagrica is a global provider of independent connectivity and data-driven support solutions for the agriculture and animal health industries. We deliver actionable intelligence to drive business growth across the value chain. Our superior products and services connect and empower industry participants to address their key needs around trading, productivity and compliance. Our solutions are built around the key competences of data connectivity and data analytics delivering seamless supply chain management, supply chain standards compliance, and customer insight and engagement, essential for businesses looking to improve their value offering and expand in the modern marketplace.
Women in technology
RBI is very supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. Currently 26% of our Technology workforce are women which is much higher than the UK average of 17%. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
- Mentoring scheme for women in technology
- Women's network forum
- Regularly run events for schools about careers in technology to inspire the next generation of women in technology.
RBI proudly support the Tech Talent Charter. Click on the link to find out more.
RBI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.