Strategy and Governance Analyst
The Strategy and Governance Analyst is responsible for supporting the Head of Strategy & Governance in the creation of effective communications and relationships with RBWM (Retail Banking and Wealth Management), the IT COO (Chief Operating Officer) and Technology communities. The role purpose is to take ownership of, coordinate and/or execute key initiatives to drive strategic change across RBWM Technology and coordinate the delivery of materials and inputs to key business and technology governance forums such as the RBWM Portfolio Investment Committee, the RBWM Management Committee, RBWM Technology Operating and Executive Committees.
The Strategy and Governance Analyst will liaise with the functional and technology experts (both within and outside of the RBWM Technology COO team) to collate and provide information, insight, and analysis to senior leadership that can be used support effective business decision making. They will be accountable for supporting RBWM Technology COO team leadership with the construction of coherent and meaningful communications in response to adhoc requests for information from Technology and Business leadership. They will manage business perception of technology by providing constructive challenge and best practice guidance to material produced by the wider RBWM Technology COO team.
The Strategy and Governance Analyst will also be responsible to maintain and observe the firm's internal control standards, implement and observe Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation Group Compliance, ensuring adequate compliance resources are in place and training is provided based on recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- A proven ability to bring impact on business including the production of high quality communications, relationship management and material suitable for an executive audience, business and technology facing governance.
- Ability to operate effectively a highly networked, global, matrix organisation.
- Ability to focus attention on strategic issues and solutions in a fast-paced, operationally focused environment.
- Proven experience in leadership in Business and Technology Government, people and collaboration.
- Balance requirements from a variety of invested senior leaders and collate and review MI from difference MI sources.
- Strong understanding of Regulatory & Compliance matters and maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting in accordance with section B.1.2 of the Group Operations FIM.
- Ability to build strong relationship across stakeholder groups with the ability to effectively influence and communicate across various business lines and units and at senior levels within the organisation including business and IT relationships, communications and relationship management.
- Maintain and observe the business’s internal control standards, implement and observe Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators. Foster a compliance culture and implement Group Compliance, ensuring adequate compliance resources are in place and training is provided.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Closing dates for applications 13th September 2019