The Children’s Sleep Charity are seeking a Treasurer who is keen to take an active role in the development of our small, multi-award winning, national charity.
As our new Treasurer you will pay a pivotal role in helping us achieve our strategic vision and priorities.
You will be joining us at an exciting time where your input will provide vital support in meeting our ambitious aims.
You would be joining a friendly, dynamic team who would value your input. Your support would come at a crucial time for the charity enabling us to develop more diverse income streams.
If you feel that you would like to make a difference and have the skills that we are looking for please get in touch.
As a charity we have ambitious plans for the future and are currently going through an exciting period of development. We are looking to increase our income streams and develop a more business-like approach to ensure we can continue delivering sustainable sleep support in the heart of communities so we can reach those families in greater need.
The role of the Treasurer is to provide financial leadership and direction to the board of Trustees. The Treasurer will maintain an overview of the organisation’s financial affairs and ensure its financial viability.
The Treasurer’s role is also to work in partnership with the CEO and Finance Officer, helping them to achieve the aims of the organisation; and to optimise the relationship between the board of Trustees and the staff. We are a small team with big ambition.
- To be committed to The Children’s Sleep Charity and the aims of the organisation
- To be appropriately qualified and have high level financial management experience
- To have a strategic vision and to be able to think creatively
- To understand and accept the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of the role
- To work effectively as a member of a team
- Experience of fundraising and managing charity finances
- The skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences
- To be flexible in approach and willing to advice on an ad hoc basis
- Prior experience of charity governance/committee/trustee work
- Auditing experience
- Understanding of the issues faced by families of children with sleep issues
- A wider involvement in the voluntary sector
The Board meet quarterly at our office in Doncaster.
How to apply
We welcome visits to our office to meet the team and for an informal chat about the role. We hope to appoint in August. Interview date to be confirmed by mutual agreement.
Please send your CV and supporting statement via Reach Volunteering.
Apply for Treasurer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly