Do you have the capability to manage a fast-paced B2B distribution facility? Can you empower and energise a team? Do you thrive on demands and targets? Do you have the passion to provide the very best service? If so, this company would like to hear from you.
You will take responsibility for the operational areas of the organisation including warehousing, logistics, stock management, order fulfilment, etc. Impeccable customer service lies at the heart of their business and this position is key to fulfilling their customers' expectations.
This key position carries significant responsibility and you will be expected to:
- Manage your people, business processes, financial and other metrics. Monitor and communicate these targets.
- Monitor, control and report on stock levels, trends and shortages. Maintain reliable and accurate stock figures at all times.
- Contribute to effective collaboration between internal departments and improve processes to ensure high performance in on-time-in-full (OTIF) delivery.
- Work effectively with in-house systems including Warehouse Management System (WMS), Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP), and contribute to forecasting.
- Ensure distribution warehouse is organised, equipped, stocked and staffed appropriately in line with future requirements for volume, handling, storage, shipping and value-added service.
- Manage, motivate and control warehouse teams including individual target-setting, performance management, absence management, etc.
- Manage, co-ordinate and plan delivery routing to maximise operational efficiencies and customer requirements.
- Identify opportunities for cost-saving and implement effective measures to deliver on this.
- Perform all activities in accordance with regulations, company policies and procedures and demonstrate high ethical and professional standards in order to maintain excellent reputations with external and internal customers.
- Implement and monitor Health & Safety management, including regular auditing and reporting to H&S Manager. Maintain accurate and relevant documentation and a safe, secure and compliant workplace and environment.
If you feel you have what this position requires and can make a positive contribution to a progressive company, please apply now.. You will be expected to be able to demonstrate relevant experience in logistics and/or warehouse management.
The package offered includes a company car and smartphone. Onsite parking is available at their modern premises.
This position is immediately available and early applications are encouraged as they are looking to appoint as soon as possible.