Learning Support Assistant
- 1:1 Learning Support Assistant
- Full time
- Long Term from September 2019
- £55-£60 Per Day
Academics are looking to recruit a full time, 1:1 Learning Support Assistant to work a Primary School in Cardiff. The role will offer the suitable candidate the opportunity to work in an inclusive and supportive environment which aims to provide the best learning experiences for its pupils. The school is committed to ensuring that its pupils have the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities to support them in their journey towards becoming confident and happy life long learners.
The ideal 1:1 Learning Support Assistant will have previous experience supporting pupils with Special Educational Needs within a classroom setting and will be passionate about supporting children, ensuring both their academic progress and enjoyment of learning. They will be expected to use their own initiative in the classroom, effectively utilising their communication skills to support the pupil and the class teacher in their day to day work. The ability to be flexible and adaptable and respond positively to last minute changes is also essential.
To become a 1:1 Learning Support Assistant in this Primary School you will:
- Have recent experience of supporting pupils with SEN within a school setting.
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team and on your own initiative.
- Be able to support the learning policies of the school and become an active member of their team.
- Be enthusiastic and motivated, able to enhance the learning and academic progress of the pupil.
- Be able to provide two professional references.
As part of the Academics team you will benefit from:
- The support of a dedicated consultant.
- Excellent opportunities for CPD