Quality Assurance Manager
- Provide independent oversight of the Legal & General Home Finance (LGHF) control environment by carrying out an agreed program of formal risk-based reviews in line with the LGHF Quality Assurance Policy to provide LGHF senior management with an early indicator of where controls may need strengthening and ongoing assurance where controls are operating sufficiently.
- Conduct analysis of review findings to identify key information or issues and formulate opinions. Where issues are identified engage with LGHF business managers to agree activity and ensure actions are undertaken to comply with LGHF policies and processes. Construct and submit reports on business performance to LGHF ExCo.
- Seek out new QA methodologies and establishing new and improved processes, taking into consideration the direction of the wider L&G group.
- Ensure QA Team take a consistent and fair approach to assess quality and risks, utilising the data from management information reports and ensure the Quality Assurance Policy is fit for purpose and that best practices are always employed.
- Collaborate and positively influence stakeholders to embed risk management and internal control practices effectively.
- To manage the team in accordance with the Company's policies and procedures, including the Partnership Agreement, so that the team's business objectives are achieved consistently.
- Please ensure that TCF has been taken into consideration when writing job descriptions for all other employees. Please select the appropriate accountabilities for a range of functions for insertion. However, these are not prescriptive, and you may create a TCF accountability more relevant to the role.
- Effective written and spoken communicator at all levels, with the ability to manage senior stakeholders and present at committees.
- Ability to produce outputs that are meaningful and relevant to the target audience and communicate results and recommendations clearly and simply.
- Technical knowledge of mortgages and/or lifetime mortgage lending, including qualifications and/or in-depth knowledge of the FCA Mortgages and Mortgage Conduct of Business sourcebook (MCOB).
- Previous Quality Assurance experience working in a financial services environment essential.
- Significant experience in the use of analysis to investigate and report on potential issues.
- Comfortable with working independently, a self-starter and ability to assume ownership of tasks.
- Experienced people manager with the ability to coach and develop team members, create good working relationships in order to ensure team objectives are met.