Mortgage Underwriting Team Leader
- Have you got a wealth of experience in Mortgage Underwriting and also Management?
- Would you like to work for a company that will offer excellent progression opportunities who promote a work life balance?
- Would you like to work business hours - no evenings or weekends?
Anderson Knight is looking to recruit a dynamic and proactive Mortgage Underwriter Team Leader to join one of my exclusive nationwide companies to be based in their Glasgow office.
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join my client who is growing rapidly and also offer an exciting opportunity to progress within a modern and innovative mortgage company.
You be will be responsible for managing, motivating and training a team of 10 Underwriters and also ensuring the team are performing at their full potential.
- Manage, motivate and train a team of 10 Mortgage Underwriters dealing with cases
- Performing 121s and identifying training requirements within the team
- Reporting on figures and performance for management
- Looking at various ways on how to improve processes and procedures
- Ensuring the team are adhering to all compliance requirements at all time
- Being responsible for your own mandate of up to £700K
- Resolving escalations and being first point of contact for any queries within the team
- Performance management
- It is vital you have a proven track record in Mortgage Underwriting and also managing a team
- Underwriting mortgage cases including Buy To Lets
- Good understanding of industry regulations such as Anti Money Laundering, Financial Crime, Anti Bribery and Corruption
- MS Office Package proficient
- Must lead by example
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Organized with excellent attention to detail skills
- Positive minded
- Pro-active with a self-starter attitude
There will be a small amount of travelling within the role which will be around once a month where you will be travelling to the English branches to meet with your 5 remote staff to ensure they are happy and to support them in any way possible.
So if you have a proven track record in Mortgage Underwriting and managing a team and would like to take advantage of this rare and exciting opportunity then please send your CV in ASAP for consideration as the role is moving quickly.
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a host of fantastic benefits and a long lasting and prosperous career.