A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ an Associate based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Associate will support the FIG (Financial Institutions Group) team in the origination and execution of event transactions working closely alongside the firm’s investment banking product teams and is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
The Associate will be responsible for supporting advisory and coverage delivery focussed on FIG clients
and developing bank, insurance and asset management valuations and creating/analysing financial models, as well as conducting financing, comparative and pro forma analyses. They will assist in the preparation of presentations and other materials for clients and interact with clients and various levels of management, while acting as an integral part of the engagement team. They will be up to date with the markets and the sector developments, understanding regulatory frameworks in relevant jurisdictions to support developing advice, valuation and financing structures
The Associate will work co-operatively with product and country teams and supervise, train and review the work of interns and analysts. They will maintain the firm’s internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators. They should understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the role holder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Investment banking or accounting background.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Proficiency in financial modelling and valuation, particularly banking and insurance capital.
- Experience in developing marketing materials (pitch books), including research.
- Experience with common databases (such as Bloomberg, Factset, Factiva, Datastream, etc).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of and experience within the sector.
- M&A transactional experience.
- Strong understanding of Solvency II and Basel III.
- Understanding of the firm’s Group and products.
- High levels of motivation and strong work ethic.
- Demonstrate capacity to build a network of contacts, both internal and external, in the context of interactions with colleagues and clients.
- A strong understanding of the financial markets.
Closing dates for applications 3rd September 2019
Apply for Associate
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly