Senior Collections Department Manager
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Senior Collections Department Manager based in Birmingham.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Senior Collections Department Manager will establish, manage and optimise the functions required to undertake the collection of arrears across a variety of financial products in line with the credit loss plan. They will take full responsibility for the collections function, including people development, production management and implementation. They will leverage the performance of multiple functional business units, while ensuring employees comply with all established policies and procedures;
The Senior Collections Department Manager will be responsible for optimising the efficiencies and effectiveness of their teams, identifying opportunities to improve true customer-centric performance. They will be required to ensure the timely remediation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators, evidences TCF (Total Cost Flow) principles are at the forefront.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Strong practitioner of the Collections Customer Engagement Model and call quality;
- Experience in developing contacts with people who are a source of information and support, and the ability to maintain contacts through periodic visits, telephone calls, correspondence and attendance at meetings and social events;
- Inspirational leader - providing a clear vision for the future, setting clear expectations of others, developing enthusiasm and commitment in individuals, setting an example for others, acknowledging individual contributions and handling problems and make difficult decisions in a confident manner.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to describe a clear and appealing vision of the future, developing enthusiasm and commitment in others, setting an example for others, acknowledging individual contributions and handling problems and crises in a confident and decisive manner
- Excellent coaching and motivating skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- An in-depth knowledge of banking or the firm's collection departments.
Closing dates for applications 3rd September 2019