Graduate Data Analyst
- Job Title: Graduate Credit Risk Analyst
- Reporting to: Credit Risk and MI Manager or Data Analytics Manager
- Location: Chester
- Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 D.O.E
This is an exciting opportunity for a graduate to join the growing Credit Risk Analytics function of this organisation.
As part of our Risk team, the role is primarily tasked with providing assurance that the company is operating within its credit risk appetite. This is done through oversight of the business lines and production, maintenance and enhancement of credit risk reporting and analysis.
As a Credit Risk Analyst, the successful candidate will undertake both routine and project work involving the analysis of credit risk performance, to contribute actively to our business strategy.
Producing and distributing management information, you will support the building and development of credit metrics, as well as projects to deliver credit risk control.
- Performing detailed and well documented analytical analysis to support the development of strategies, policies, models and processes
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the Group's credit scoring systems and credit policy procedures
- Developing and maintaining credit decision systems including a new credit scorecard
- Delivering credit risk reporting for management on a monthly and quarterly basis and enhancements through automation
- Graduate with a minimum of a 2:1 in mathematics, statistics, data modelling/ or a similar numerate discipline
- Willingness to learn analytical software such as SAS, SQL. Any previous programming experience would be beneficial
- Analytical thinker
- Proficient using Excel
- Methodical approach to investigation but with the ability to see and think outside the box when required
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workloads for optimum performance
- Demonstrate the skills to deliver training presentations to all levels of staff
- An understanding of the concept of retail credit risk management with a grasp of the basic principles of credit scoring would be beneficial
- Some knowledge and practical experience of the tools available to support the management of credit risk such as SAS
For further information please contact John Devlin for more information
Please note due to the large volume of applications we receive for these roles, if we have not contacted you within 7 days then, unfortunately, your application hasn't been successful, however, we may contact you regarding other roles. We're sorry we can't contact you directly, but we wish you all the best in your job search.