Equities Product Control Oversight
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ an Equities Product Control Oversight based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
Product Control assures management, shareholders and regulators that the global markets portfolio is correctly and consistently valued and accounted; advises on and quickly accommodates new business; all at a competitive cost. Product Control is a key control function, part of Finance and independent of Front Office, responsible for ensuring the complete and accurate recording of Global Markets activities within the books and records of the firm, in accordance with applicable accounting standards.
The Equities Product Control Oversight jobholder will assist in the oversight of the Equities PC BFC Team. They will be responsible to ensure the control environment is robust and effective, with relevant escalation of issues to PC Management, Business and COO (Chief Operating Officer) and ensure that all differences in Flash to Final are understood and try to reduce differences by outlining any remediation plan and tracking YTD (Year to Date) differences. They will be required to present the financial statement view of the P&L (Profit and Loss), Balance sheet, and Off-Balance Sheet through the Business Reporting Pack (BRP) to key stakeholders. The job holder would maintain operational performance of the end to end P&L and Balance Sheet processes for the Equities trading desks within the Global Markets Business.
The Equities Product Control Oversight jobholder will be responsible for providing guidance in resolving issues identified by Core & GMMO Product Control teams and take ownership where required to resolve exceptions. They will own the Control Monitoring plan for Equities and oversight of the Risk Framework, identifying weaknesses and continuous assessment of F2B (Front to Back) quality. They will support the change agenda, working closely with the FCM (Financial Crime Mitigation) team to prioritise items that will benefit the control environment or produce resource efficiency and saving and make sure that the book of work in each location is well documented and prioritised.
The Equities Product Control Oversight jobholder will provide oversight, coordination & leadership for a team spanning London, Krakow & Gurgaon and will ensure that there is full compliance with the Global Markets FIM (Functional Instruction Manual). They will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology. They will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business must comply.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- University graduate from a reputed institution in financial or economic subject or university graduate in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or similar.
- Excellent written English and oral communication skills.
- Good understanding of Financial Markets (products traded and their life cycle, accounting principles and valuation techniques) and Equities Markets.
- Excellent analytical skills and a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ambitious, driven and enthusiastic.
- Product Control experience or similar is strongly preferred.
- Advanced MS Excel, MS Access and VBA is an advantage.
- Requires a thorough understanding on the type of products the desk trade.
- They will need an analytical mindset and be able to investigate and follow through on issues as they arise.
- Ensure up to date knowledge of finance and risk policies and to be aware of financial market developments regionally and globally.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and managing relationships with multiple senior stakeholders.
Closing dates for applications 29th August 2019
Apply for Equities Product Control Oversight
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly