IT Engineer (Mobile - Android)
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a IT Engineer (Mobile - Android) based in Leeds.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
IT Engineer works closely with other business teams to ensure that the firm creates the right solutions for both the business and the customer and to support strategic plans. They are one of the major contributors of profit to the Retail Banking & Wealth Management businesses. They will work in a cross functional agile team at first direct, developing and testing code to support first direct’ s native android app.
IT Engineer will be required to use the latest technologies, processes and tools to deliver frequently, safely and efficiently. They will be responsible for translating detailed designs into robust, scalable and reusable solutions. They would participate in engineering discipline, best practice and standards compliance within first direct and global IT.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
• An ability and desire to keep with up with current trends and learn new technologies in order to develop Full Stack engineering capabilities.
• Be an approachable, collaborative and supportive team member.
• Being able to communicate effectively – spoken and written – to convey complex technical subject matter clearly, adapting to the audience.
• Experience of working in a large-scale delivery environment, with multiple developers working on a single code base with split deliveries.
• Expertise in developing native Android applications using Java, Kotlin, Android Studio and Mockito
• Experience of consuming REST APIs / JSON
• Experience of working in an Agile environment - Scrum or Kanban with knowledge of Agile tooling, such as Jira, Confluence and Slack.
• Understanding of the principles of DevOps and Continuous Integration / Delivery with knowledge of DevOps tooling such as Jenkins, Git, GitHub and Nexus,
• Experience with Hockey App.
• Native iOS development - Swift 4 and Xcode.
• API development (preferably Java 8, Spring Boot, Maven) or Browser development (preferably Node.JS, React).
Closing dates for applications 28th August 2019
Apply for IT Engineer (Mobile - Android)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly