A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Financial Analyst based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Global RBWM (Retail Banking Wealth Management) Finance team is a rapidly growing team with high visibility across Global Business and Finance teams. The team has invested in development of the team members and has allocated a specific career growth plan whereby a financial analyst would have the opportunity to gain experience from a broad range of business areas and initiatives like retail banking, wealth management, financial modelling, data visualisation or treasury depending on skill set and business demands. The role embarks a 24 months journey where the role holder gets exposure to, and development in, many aspects of banking, finance and modelling covering Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Cost & Investment Management, Commercial Treasury and Technology & Tools.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for actions ranging from digital finance, treasury analysis, financial planning & forecasting to monitoring marketing effectiveness and customer retail/wealth products and propositions. They will have regular interactions with RBWM CEO, RBWM CFO, Global Head of Business Perform, Regional Heads of RBWM Finance and Group AMG and Insurance Finance colleagues, RBWM Business Line CFOs, Global FP&A team and Group Investor Relations team and supporting business stakeholders, providing them with an opportunity to be an integral part of key decision-making processes and are responsible to handle analysis and reporting of high quality strategic analysis, business insights, comprehensive external publications, investor presentations, competitor benchmarks and market intelligence. In all aspects of delivery, the role holder is expected to execute seamless Business as usual, while also driving productive change and driving those around him/her to do likewise.
The Financial Analyst will be required to support the outcome of large scale projects spanning Finance, ensure any project obstacles are identified and managed efficiently and analysis are well communicated and coordinated with the regional finance teams. The role holder will act as professional representative of the Business Finance team, maintaining excellent working relationships across the wider RBWM Finance team and influencing greater team communication and collaboration.
The Financial Analyst will be accountable to ensure compliance with Group Standards Manuals and the appropriate Functional Instruction Manuals, appropriate governance is implemented along with robust documentation and supporting management controls and continuous reassessment of the operational risks associated with the role. They are required to support performance management and identify improvement opportunities across all aspects of the business thereby driving efficiency throughout RBWM organization supporting achievement of annual plan and positioning the firm for long-term growth.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Strong analytical skills with a commercial bias and an investigative mind-set.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to resolve and manage conflicts if relevant.
- A curious mind willing to learn, challenge and improve.
- Driven with a hunger to learn and deliver, with a resilient and ‘can-do’ approach.
- A team player, able to develop others and build a consensus view, while delivering under pressure.
- Substantial years of experience in financial analysis or similar, likely from top accounting, strategy consultancy, banking or similar backgrounds.
- Proven track record of delivery in are large and complex operating environment.
- Demonstrated frequent exposure to senior Finance and non-finance staff.
- Qualified Financial Professional (CA, CFA, MBA, MA (Fin) or similar is desirable but not essential).
Closing dates for applications 28th August 2019