Head of Internal Governance
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Head of Internal Governance based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The firm’s IT department develops and manages technology systems and infrastructure with the global business and functions. It works across a range of technology platforms and development disciplines from mainframe to digital. Within the firm, IT is also currently transforming how technology is developed, delivered and maintained. Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) Technology develops and supports technology platforms for the firm’s Retail and Wealth Management business areas.
The Head of Internal Governance will report into the Head of Strategy and Governance for RBWM Technology COO (Chief Operating Office). They will be responsible for supporting RBWM Technology COO with smooth operation of the global team and report on and improve compliance to the firm’s internal processes and policies across RBWM Technology/COO. They will be the point contact within RBWM Tech/COO for the central IT Governance team and for the internal governance functions within IT COO while maintaining ownership of the governance structure for the fortnightly RBWM OpCo(Operations Committee) and quarterly RBWM ExCo (Executive Committee) respectively.
The Head of Internal Governance will be accountable for defining, owning and periodically reporting on the scorecards for RBWM Tech CIO, RBWM Tech CIO (Chief Information Officer) and RBWM Tech COO. They would centrally track and proactively follow up on any actions against RBWM CIO/RBWM Tech COO that come out the various Business and Technology governance forums that they attend. They will own the reporting of Clarity Timesheet compliance and proactively work with the service lines to improve compliance within this space to include an enhanced level of reporting around month’s end and the year-end closure process. They would be the Functional Manager for the RBWM Tech COO Executive Assistant/Team Admin in London.
The Head of Internal Governance will also be responsible for reporting of Global Mandatory Training (GMT) compliance and would proactively work with the service lines to improve compliance within this space. They would also own the reporting of other periodic compliance metrics such as furlough, contractors 220day and core leave attestation across RBWM Tech/COO. They would represent RBWM Tech COO at the IT COO CEMM and RBWM Tech CEMM meetings to include proactive management of issues reported in said forums. They would own the global RBWM Tech COO BCP (Business Continuity Planning) plans and for the UK be the RBWM BCP point contact for all UK RBWM Tech plans.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Exceptional level of attention to detail and quality to creating ExCo level presentation decks, expected to have strong PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Senior stakeholder management to effectively work with Global IT COO, the RBWM Technology Management Team and their direct reports demonstrating patience, perseverance and gravitas to ensure engagement objectives and priorities are met.
- Relationship management to enable a consistent planning process, role will need to ensure an effective and collaborative relationship across the various stakeholders.
- Build effective relationships and partnering with RBWM Tech Service Lines and IT COO and their teams to enable a smooth and timely run service.
- Ability to work at pace and maintaining high levels of quality when under time pressure.
- Ability to flexibly and pragmatically deal with a range of complex issues and changing and evolving priorities
- Expertise and knowledge in relation to the Global IT Function and the services that the IT COO/Business Management function provides.
- Demonstrated business knowledge, ideally experience of working within a complex global business unit ideally within the financial services domain.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology development and infrastructure and how this can be used to meet business needs.
- Experience of working directly and effectively with seniors.
- Experience working in a globally dispersed team and across cultures within a complex matrix environment.
- Understanding of the firm’s Group and its strategy, structures and processes.
Closing dates for applications 27th August 2019