This company has been providing market-leading holidays for more than 40 years. They are true rail holiday specialists and no other company offers a better choice of inclusive holidays by rail than they do. They are absolutely committed to ensuring every holiday meets and exceeds expectations and as a result their valued customers travel with them year after year.
They now have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Purchase Ledger Assistant to join their team on full time basis. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in an award winning and highly customer centric business in the heart of York's city centre.
The Purchase Ledger Assistant is responsible for processing supplier invoices, reconciling supplier accounts and providing information for payment batches on a timely basis and in an accurate manner.
Reporting to the Team Manager, some of the activities that you will be responsible for include:
- Ensuring that purchase ledger transactions are processed in accordance with the accounting timetable and carry out the month end accounting procedures efficiently ensuring accounting records are up to date
- Communicating to line management ideas for improvement, aimed at enhancing performance and efficiency at company, team and personal levels
- Managing own supplier accounts and be the main contact point for account queries, dealing with invoicing queries in an effective and timely manner
- Processing high volumes of invoices ensuring all invoices are accurately allocated onto Traveller in a timely basis to reflect actual costs
- Ensuring supplier statement reconciliations are carried out accurately and on a timely basis
- Checking of supplier invoices and investigating and resolving variances
- Managing a selection of supplier accounts and preparation of invoices for payment
The successful Purchase Ledger Assistant should possess the following skills and experience:
- Proven previous experience of working in a high volume purchase ledger environment
- A high level of numeracy and data understanding/manipulation
- Proven excel skills to intermediate level
- Excellent and diplomatic telephone manner re: supplier contact point
- Excellent IT skills, including keyboard skills and Microsoft packages Windows / Office / Outlook / Explorer
- A self-starter with a positive, enthusiastic 'can do' attitude and a down to earth approachable manner
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective management of own workload