A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Principal Analyst based in Birmingham.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Principle Analyst reports to the Head of Data Management and Recurring Analytics. The role holder will be responsible for supporting the business unit by using technical knowledge to shape the landscape of data modelling and visualisation tooling to help analysts better support the business. They will be required to take the initiative in identifying gaps in data and in understanding and managing a range of analytical and modelling projects from inception to delivery. The role holder should keep abreast of latest tools and technology available within the firm and in the marketplace and identify potential improvements and make recommendations to Head of Data Management so the team are delivering utilising latest technologies and methods.
The Principal Analyst will be accountable for developing other on shore and off shore analysts and business stakeholders by appropriate training sessions, guidance and thought leadership. The role holder will take the lead in developing, maintaining and improving high quality validated strategies, while leading projects that support the goals of the team. They would work with IT and business owners to identify, source, validate and make available data sources from across the bank that may not be currently available to drive breadth of analysis across the team which is achieved through a combination of using data, analysis, brainstorming sessions and business judgment in identifying and leading new opportunities and establishing oneself as the subject matter expert in own field of expertise.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Highly developed analytical, data manipulation, data modelling, data integration and data interrogation skills.
- High level competency in modern data manipulation/integration, ideally Alteryx and Alteryx Server and Advanced Visualisation tools, eg Qliksense and Qliksense server.
- Highly proficient SQL and SAS skills.
- Preferable to have skills and knowledge in R, Python, VBA, Google Cloud Platform.
- Ability to shape projects from inception and contribute own ideas and strong analytical reasoning
- Ability to manage time effectively to ensure delivery of multiple projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication with ability to influence and communicate analysis and recommendations to colleagues at different levels of the organisation.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues within own team, and other business areas, to achieve business priorities.
- Experience of sourcing, transforming and integrating data into existing or new data models and marts.
- Modern Data modelling techniques and strategies to support advanced visualisation and analytics.
- Have directly relevant experience of working in a data manipulation role within financial services or an alternative data driven organization within large analytical teams.
- Experience in sourcing and validating data areas, combining business and technical knowledge into clear documentation and flows.
- Exposed to direct interactions with stakeholders and business colleagues at different levels of the organisation.
Closing dates for applications 22nd August 2019