- £60,000 - £70,000 basic salary
- Company performance related bonus
- South West based
*Progression to the Board of Directors within 2 years*
My client design, develop and manufacture a wide range of engineering products. They are an expanding manufacturer, consistently growing year on year. At the forefront of their industry, they are recognised as one of the most innovative and technically advanced manufacturers globally.
An incredible opportunity for an Engineering Manager has arisen with this innovative company: they pride themselves on their highly skilled design and development team. They are looking to recruit an experienced Product Manager to lead their product development team, who has experience working across a wide spectrum of engineering disciplines coupled with an innovative flair for equipment development. This role offers progression to the Board of Directors for the right person: you will need to demonstrate your capabilities in order to achieve this promotion.
The Role: Engineering Manager
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Engineering Manager will be responsible for the Design & Development Department, participating in market assessments of new product development and design. You will also be responsible for the following:
- To continuously review the existing product, range from the point of view of the latest and relevant state-of-the-art developments in the industry.
- Work to pre-set budgets and within agreed time frames for product development.
- Demonstrate financial control of projects and management of day-to-day expenditure.
- Manage the personnel within the Design & Development Department, briefing them on specific project activities.
- Ensure the department fulfils its regular duties such as training company staff on new products, writing the technical sections of sales literature, and assisting in the preparation of inspection and test procedures.
The Candidate: Engineering Manager
The successful candidate will have:
- An Honors degree/HNC/HND in chemical, mechanical or related engineering subject.
- At least five years industrial experience of successfully managing a design or development team, this can be in any technical engineering sector.
- Possess knowledge of a broad spectrum of industries.
- A good staff motivator, confident with a passion to succeed.
- A proven track record of successfully working in a similar role.
- A lateral thinker with a high degree of computer literacy.
To be commutable to the office you could live in or near one of the following locations: Dorset, Hampshire, Poole, Salisbury, Christchurch, Eastleigh, Winchester, Dorchester, Southampton, Bournemouth
Please contact Ashlea Harland at Rain Consultancy Group Ltd directly or click the apply button.
On applying for this position, you consent to Rain Consultancy Group Limited keeping your CV and contact information on file, so we can contact you about job opportunities. For details of our GDPR policy, please visit www.rcg-ltd.com. We aim to contact you within 24 hours if we feel your experience fits the requirements for the role. Under GDPR legislation Rain Consultancy Group Limited is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioners Office as required under the Data Protection Act 1998. Rain will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.