This is an opportunity to join one of the leading Train Engineering Businesses in the UK. They are industry leaders in repair, rebuild, modification, design and consultancy work. They solve problems others can't.
Based in Kilmarnock, they employ over 90 people in their 4 road, 14 vehicle capacity depot. The Engineering team undertakes innovative design and development work as well as resolving both simple and complex engineering issues on existing rolling stock.
This includes mechanical and electrical engineering design for the development of new equipment, novel repairs as well as reverse engineering for obsolete parts.
In line with growth in their business, they are looking to grow their team of qualified Mechanical or Electrical Engineers and provide additional services to support their customers.
The purpose of the role is to solve their customer's problems in a variety of situations. Depending on your skills and experience this could include reliability studies, vehicle surveys, project management, designing bespoke rail plant, developing modifications or developing repairs to incident damaged vehicles.
You will ideally hold an engineering degree or have significant experience in the rail industry.
They are looking for people with the following competencies:
- Hardworking and flexible, willing to 'go the extra mile' to solve a customer problem
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, capable of building relationships with customers and suppliers
- Excellent organisational skills and detail focus
- Self-motivated with the ability to travel throughout the UK and work independently at customer premises when required. You should, therefore, hold a valid driving licence and eligibility to work in the UK is essential.
As an SME, every role counts and so they are not just looking for people with the right skills, but great Engineers who are right fit for the role. They are therefore open-minded about the kind of person and level of experience this role would suit and depending on where you are on your current career path will determine the salary package, so if you like the sound of this company, then they would love to hear from you.
In the first instance, please send in your CV and give them a flavour of what has attracted you to this role, if they think they match, they will invite you to meet them and discuss the role in more detail.