Lift and Risk Engineer
Candidate Hub are actively recruiting for a Band 6 Lift & Risk Engineer on behalf of our client, a leading public sector organisation in Cardiff. The role is a full time, permanent position and offers a basic salary offering of
- To have a proactive approach to managing the estates and operational services in the areas assigned to you.
- Work within team supporting and covering others to meet KPI targets and the needs of the service.
- Understand the interrelationship between all trades and team members.
- Actively participate in all continuous improvement programs.
- Actively participate in the operation of works information management systems by working within schemes and using modern technology such as time and attendance, PDA's, tablets, mobiles etc.
- Comply with the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and other relevant policies and procedures - issued by the Estates Department.
- To work in accordance with the requirements of Building Regulations and all relevant HTM's (Health Technical Memorandum's) and HBNs (Health Building Notes) for the UHB.
- To comply with all UHB policies, procedures and practices and to be responsible for keeping up to date with any changes.
- Apply safe working practices in all working activities by following UHB departmental safety policies, procedures and protocols
- To participate in an annual Performance Appraisal Development Review (PADR) with manager when required.
- To complete and maintain all relevant training as captured within the performance appraisal development review process.
- Capital Estates & Facilities - Lift & Risk Engineer - Band 6 Ref: mod002/2018-FINAL V1.0
- To undertake and maintain completion of statutory and mandatory training as necessary.
- To undertake and maintain all necessary training on plant, equipment and procedures required to undertake your role safely.
- To undertake and maintain specific training requirements for your discipline as required.
- To undertake and maintain UKATA Approved Asbestos Awareness training each year.
- To undertake and maintain UKATA Approved Non-Licensed CAT B Training and awareness.
- To provide training, technical advice and support to trainees. Such as multi discipline operatives and apprentices.
- If required undertake on-call duties as part of the on-call team to ensure that emergency repairs, adverse weather support including snow clearance and gritting are attended to, in and out of normal hours in line with on-call agreement.
- If required in exceptional circumstances, undertake shift or shift relief duties as part of the shift rota team on a short-term basis to ensure all emergency repairs and planned maintenance is carried out as required in and out of normal working hours in line with the shift agreement.
- Management of the lifts within the UHB, ensuring insurance inspections, maintenance, repairs and emergencies are all complied with in a timely, safe manner.
- Ensure that statutory inspections are carried out and all actions are logged and followed up to a satisfactory conclusion to ensure the lifts function correctly.
- Maintain the Estates risk register highlighting and suggesting control measures to mitigate the risk.
- Ensure the relevant Estates personnel manage their areas of responsibility concerned with the risk register.
- Mange the LOLER elements with regards to the lifts, patient hoists, high low baths, shackles and other items requiring certification.
- Support the team in carrying out compliance issues which will involve, becoming Authorised persons (AP) in more than one discipline.
- Develop training Matrix for Estates personnel identifying gaps and identify training requirements to address the shortfall.
- Produce technical reports on area of responsibility providing detailed data and advise on maintenance issues for future services that may be required.
- Compiles and produce memos, letters, both internal and external and correspond daily via e-mail with other departments within the UHB.
- Participates in investigating and resolving complaints, grievances, disciplinary procedures and disputes, recognising and ensuring that good industrial relations and personnel practices at all times.
- Manage and facilitate meetings and priorities works of external contractors where employed on lift contract and others where required.
- Assist with identifying Works Programme and Capital Work requirements. Instigating and manage schemes within works programme and Capital Scheme liaising with Contractors and Service requirements for new works and alterations within area of responsibility and discipline, also attending contractual and progress meetings.
- Determines optimum efficiency at operational parameters for all plant within their control and liaises with relevant bodies to ensure optimum use of facilities.
- Responsible for ensuring all appropriate standards relevant to his/her area of responsibility are achieved.
- Ensure that all relevant UHB Policies and statutory obligations relating to Health and Safety are complied with.
- Deputise for Engineering Manager and take responsibility for decisions, budgets and people management as necessary.
- Degree or equivalent level of experience in the specialist areas of engineering through training, experience.
- IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent qualification.
- Significant experience within an Engineering Operational Managerial / supervisory position.
- Health and Safety at Work Act and other safety legislation. IT/computer skills and knowledge.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with leadership ability. Driving licence.
- Provide emergency on call cover as required
- Leadership ability in team working environment. Positive hardworking commitment
- £31,000 - £38,000 salary DOE
- Full company benefits
- Full time, permanent