- High level engineering, work with modern JS frameworks (mainly React).
- Amazing benefits, conference budget, cutting-edge learning materials.
- Product used by engineering teams at Airbnb, Github, Microsoft, EA, Heroku, Slack and loads more.
A San Francisco based company with offices in Bath are looking to bolt on a Front-End Architect to work with their team in the US. You will be in a core team of 3 high level engineers as part of a wider 20 person engineering team. Working closely with the Product and Design team you will help build their customer-facing core product that helps many of the industry's leading engineering teams around the world to deliver high quality software to their users.
What experience you'll need
- A wide range of JS library experience, ideally React but others such as Angular, Vue or Ember will be considered.
- TypeScript, ES6, Jest and Enzyme are also used to any use of these will be beneficial.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails is a plus.
- AWS would be useful to have.
- The use of CI/CD and containerisation tools would be great (GitLab, Jasmine, Docker, Kubernetes).
- Agile experience, worked in sprints.
- You will have worked with remote teams before.
- Good communication skills.
- Willing to be flexible with working hours to an extent.
There are 2 code bases, first is the front-end React app (they have been using React for 4 years now) with some TypeScript and other JS libraries. The second code base is a Ruby on Rails app, a layer that the front-end communicates with. As a key member of the team you will be building the core dashboard that helps developers all over the world to be more efficient at what they do. With your background in front-end you will architect and build dynamic data visualisations to help customers explore huge sets of data, which you will also explore using your own product - they use it every day themselves. On a daily basis you will use the latest and greatest front-end technologies and if you like get involved with back-end languages and/or operations, as it's a small company there's lots of flexibility to work across teams where reasonable. You will also be a key player in future hiring and structuring of the team, you must be the leader and own the architecture, though be willing to stay hands-on away from management responsibilities (which could change in the future). As you are working closely with the team in SF you must be willing to overlap on time zones the majority of the week e.g. 11-6pm or 12-7pm UK time, it may change each time, sometimes you may just have to be around for a quick video call in the evening.
What you'll get in return for your talents
Alongside an extremely generous salary (£90K-£110K), equity and remote working you will have a conference benefit - have 4 days off per year with a good budget to attend any conference in the world of your choice. You will have 21 days annual leave with a week off between Christmas and New Year, commuting and food expenses if you wish to travel to the Bath office. You will also have access to books, and learning resources - they have standing subscriptions to expensive high quality learning material that will keep you on top of the front-end world. As your team will be SF based you will have the chance to be flown out to work with the team at the companies expense. There's really no big ego's in the company, everyone plays as a team and the work/life balance is amazing.
If you would like to find out more about this role or apply then please get in touch with George at ADLIB.