The role of the Area Manager is to deliver an excellent member experience through a talented team of employees and to drive member retention, growth, and both financial & success results. Key drivers include recruitment and retention of top talent, performance management, engaging communication, coaching, overall employee engagement so that everyone has confidence in the brand and our company's future and making smart top and bottom-line decisions.
- Builds and fosters a talented, high-performing team through effective networking, recruiting, hiring, onboarding, assessing, giving and seeking feedback, coaching, retaining, developing and leading a team of employees using our 12 People Leadership Skills across multiple platforms and initiatives.
- Has a clear understanding of roles within the meetings and can impact employee performance both through one-on-one coaching (in-person and remotely) and through effective use of the Mentor Support Team.
- Engages team and communicates effectively to ensure the team is well informed, leveraging Company-provided tools and technology, as a supplement to in-person visits.
- Resolves employee relations issues and complaints, finding best solutions and outcomes. Knows when it is appropriate to involve the People Team.
- Continually evaluates employee and meeting performance and takes appropriate action to enhance profitability through driving greater commercial performance and reducing costs, maximizing efficiency, member retention and satisfaction.
- Owns business results and achieves member retention through positive member experiences.
- Creates and executes a market-specific strategy to drive revenue growth and manages expenses, including labor costs.
- Uses key performance indicators to influence workshop growth and member retention, to ensure there is an appropriate workshop supply to match demand, and to make efficient staffing decisions.
- Demonstrates ability to action locally against overall company objectives including brand strategy, base strategy, local marketing, product sales, product launches, member retention, all while making smart top and bottom-line decisions.
- Translates company objectives to local area objectives and ultimately to individual team objectives and ensures all member interactions are aligned with Company standards.
- Maximizes new business opportunities and pro actively develops strategies to address competitor threats working in partnership with Business Growth Manager & Regional Managers.
- Has a strong understanding of Company, Operations, and the People team policies and procedures, and enforces all appropriate policies,
- Partners closely with cross-functional business partners and acts as a liaison for employees when necessary.
- Resolves / escalates member / mentor concerns and issues.
- Demonstrates superior communication, interpersonal, and prioritisation skills.
- Strong skills in MS Office
- Excellent Organisation/time management skills