Assistant Company Secretary
- Act as the representative of the Governance and Co Sec team supporting the business and its committees
- Maintain key relationships with non-executive directors, executive committee members and other senior individuals within the business
- Assist with board effectiveness reviews, director appraisal process and director training programmes
- The maintenance of statutory documentation/files and Blueprint database records
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive yearly agenda planners for Boards and Committees
- Preparing and drafting minutes for committee meetings
- Attending committee meetings as required and fulfilling all company secretarial responsibilities
- Advice and practical guidance on reporting lines and decision making procedures (including governance of significant investments);
- Organising and arranging board meetings as required
- Assisting in the preparation of statutory accounts as required ensuring proper process for approvals
- Assisting in governance projects, as required
- Assist with oversight of training offered to senior management;
- Ensuring compliance with the Companies Act and regulatory requirements for relevant companies and directors;
- Working with the rest of the Governance and Co Sec team to maintain the company contractual documentation library and registry and share certificate registry;
- Building and sharing best practice knowledge and working closely with both the Legal team and other colleagues.
- Experience of working in a governance/company secretary-related role and an extensive understanding of corporate governance models, principles and processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory frameworks and statutory requirements for companies
- Extensive experience of minute taking.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Microsoft office
- Experience of providing support and assistance at a senior level