Assistant Tax Manager
- Assistant Tax Manager
- Up to £300 per day
- 6 month contract
- Role based in Leatherhead
Working for a global FMCG company we are recruiting for an experienced Assistant Tax Manager to work in the Leatherhead offices with occasional travel to London and ability to work from home up to 2 days per week.
The role encompasses tax compliance, tax reporting and tax advisory work.
UK and Ireland Group Tax Data
Manage the Group Payment Arrangement and calculate corporation tax payments on account. Monitor and update the tax payment database. Liaise with HMRC on company tax balances, repayments, reallocations and any ad hoc queries.
• Prepare annual prior year adjustment journals, along with charges for payment of group relief.
• Collate data and prepare Country by Country Reporting reconciliations.
• Coordinate the preparation of the UK's Total Tax contribution bi-annually.
• Calculate tax forecasts, as requested by various stakeholders in the business.
• Manage the prompt processing of certificates of residency requests from the business.
Corporation tax compliance and reporting
• Assist in the preparation of the Group quarterly tax provision calculations.
• Review local statutory accounts tax disclosures prepared by the outsourced provider for some entities in the UK group.
• Support the Tax Manager in overseeing the preparation of the annual tax computations and returns by outsourced providers.
• Calculate the group's UK:UK TP analysis.
• Support the Tax Manager and Director with the preparation of the annual SAO documentation and controls.
• Analyse the group's WHT obligations on a quarterly basis, including notifying HMRC, where applicable.
• Prepare International Tax Packages for the annual US tax calculations.
• Preparation of other statutory forms, e.g. Form 46G in respect of Ireland.
Corporation tax advisory
• Assist on the resolution of ad hoc queries and day-to-day issues raised by the business and provide relevant and practical advice promptly
• Contribute to entity rationalisation projects
Skills and experience required
- Ideal background will be from top 10/20 Accountancy firm
- Large multinational experience and tax experience ACCA or ACA financial accounting
- Qualified accountant (ACA/CA or equivalent) or Tax Advisor (CTA or equivalent)
- Strong proven ability and at least 3 years experience in UK corporate tax department
- Strong tax accounting understanding (IFRS and FRS 101/102)
- Time and project management skills, including strong bias for action
- Presentation and communication skills
- Strong Excel skills