- Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Institutional Sales
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19036618
Markets is a multi-billion dollar business supporting institutional and corporate clients. The Sales division is the distribution centre of Citi's breadth of innovative global products. We provide our clients with access to the global markets in over 100 countries. Our state-of-the-art platform delivers electronic access to Citi's world-class capital markets services across equities, futures, FX, emerging markets, rates, credit, commodities, securitized, municipals, prime, and research. Through our web, mobile and trading applications, clients can find proprietary data and analytics, Citi research, and market commentary; fast, seamless, and stable execution for FX and Rates trades; and a suite of sophisticated, post-trade analysis tools.
The Global Investor Sales KYC Team was created to support the Markets business and is primarily engaged to support Markets' Investor Sales and their clients to drive a consistent global KYC ownership model.
The role involves helping to manage, develop and drive the regulatory client (KYC) refresh and documentation process to enable fast and efficient completion of records.
Job Background / Context:
This role resides in Client KYC Management which supports jointly, the Global Investor Sales and Relationship Management and Corporate Sales teams to ensure that Global Markets is meeting Citi's Anti-Money Laundering's requirement to Know Your Customer across all of Citi's entities and regions. This role primarily covers Investor Sales clients and will be integral in the support of the following initiatives:
- Help manage sales education, outreach and coordination with respect to KYC / AML and client ownership;
- Assist in the maintenance and the design of new processes and protocols to ensure efficient processing and escalation of client requests or issues;
- Assist in the development and implementation of a centralised KYC/AML ownership protocol; and,
- Provide a point of escalation to sales.
This is a unique and challenging role that provides exposure to clients, various product and control groups as well as visibility from senior business leaders.
A solutions driven role which requires strong teamwork, problem solving and change management skills. This is not an autonomous role. The individual will need to work in partnership with a number of teams/individuals to resolve issues efficiently and effectively. The individual will be required to drive the decision process without owning it.
- Verify client information / data entered into Citi KYC by the on-boarding and refresh teams
- Escalation of negative news to Sales and Senior Management
- Escalation of Citi screening hits (individual name screening results, AML/Sanctions)
- Single point of contact to Investor Sales for any KYC/AML questions or concerns
- Coordinate with product coverage regarding client's product profile, to ensure that the customer's trading activity is suitable
- Troubleshoot KYC issues escalated by the client or the salesforce
- Manage client outreach for periodic KYC refreshers
Overall drive change and efficiency to ensure the customer experience is both nimble and painless.
Role offers the opportunity to work closely with the Sales desks, building technical knowledge and understanding of end-to-end infrastructure specifically KYC/AML and client ownership.
Broad exposure across the Citigroup/Citibank client network both internal and external to ICG to include Banking. The role will provide exposure to the firm's key customers both from a business, infrastructure and regulatory perspective while offering exposure to Risk Management, Legal, Compliance, KYC/AML and Operation's departments in understanding the implications of transactions in a fast-changing marketplace.
Knowledge/Experience and Qualifications:
- Ideal candidate will have extensive experience in financial services with previous experience in a KYC / AML, Compliance or on-boarding role
- Broad range of Markets products such as Rates, Credit, Equity, FX and Commodity Products. Account maintenance and or booking experience: advantageous
- Knowledge of trade flows, infrastructure and documentation
- Good operational control, change management and customer interaction experience would also be a plus
- Education: Degree preferred
- Languages: advantageous
- Good IT skills such as Excel, Databases and MIS
Skills and Competencies
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional process and conflict management ability
- Highly motivated, self-starter who is able to work on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks based on materiality
- Fast thinker and quick learner with the ability to work effectively under pressure in a rapidly changing environment
- Able to manage routine processes with precision and ad hoc projects with flexibility and creativity
- Efficient and effective use of office software (including spreadsheets and databases)
- Process management skills an advantage
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer