We are looking for a Management Accountant to join a great company based in Reading. This role will ensure timely and accurate financial results and provide detailed analysis explaining the results with recommendations on what actions are required to address issues.
- Preparation of management accounts on a monthly basis following a strict timetable in accordance with U.S. and local GAAP
- Support the Finance Managers and look to standardize then improve tasks
- Maintain general ledger accuracy
- Maintain reconciliation schedules for all assigned balance sheet accounts and resolve any unreconciled items within set time period.
- Perform various account analyses, identify and post any required adjusting journal entries.
- Support the Budget and forecasting process if required
- Assist in preparation of U.S. monthly, quarterly and annual reporting packages.
- Familiarity with internal controls and/or SOX compliance and ensuring all internal controls are followed to achieve a successful SOX audit.
- Streamline and improve back office and finance processes on a continual basis.
- Assist with external & internal audits to ensure all aspects of compliance and control are met.
- Assist with statutory accounts production with responsibility for accurate and timely filings.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes including anti-bribery policy.
- Proactively work to support other members of the Finance team and participate or lead on any adhoc projects.
- High potential part qualified/recently qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA with excellent academics.
- Excellent IT skills (Word & PowerPoint) with advanced Excel (basic formulas, pivots tables, "if" statements, lookups as a minimum).