A great opportunity has arisen for an Accountant to join a well-known company based in Slough. The Accountant will perform accounting tasks on a monthly basis to close general ledger in a timely and efficient manner. This is a fantastic opportunity to progress within a well-known company with a friendly team.
- Applies principles of accounting to ensure contract material cost is accurately recorded for the receipt, transfer, and allocation of inventory.
- Budgeting / Forecasting & Variance analysis / commentary
- Preparing full set of management accounts
- Assisting with production of financial accounts
- Perform root cause analysis to address variances related to material related transactions and accounting system interfaces.
- Coordinate with program finance in analysis of material transactions and the impact to financials.
- Researches, prepares and reconciles data in support of the preparation of financial statements and reports.
- Supports the development and deployment of changes to accounting tools and processes.
- Prepare journal entries, cost transfers, account reconciliations, and variance analysis.
- Analyses and interprets directives, policies and regulatory requirements to provide recommendations on new and existing accounting issues.
- Submitting monthly financials into Consolidation system
- Provide required information to the reporting team
- Answer questions from the reporting team
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 2-4 years of job related experience required
- Excellent analytical and excel skills (ie, pivot tables)
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks to meet required deadlines
- A Service and Partnership mentality
- 25 days' holiday + bank holidays
- On site parking
- Life assurance
- Study support