Design & Development Manager
- £55,000 - £65,000 basic salary
- Hampshire based
*Progression to the Board of Directors within 1-2 years - Technical Director Designate*
My client design, develop and manufacture a cutting-edge range of test equipment. They are a well-established manufacturer with a globally recognised brand. At the forefront of their industry, they are recognised as one of the most innovative and technically advanced manufacturers globally.
They are looking to recruit an experienced NPD Manager to lead their product development team, who has experience working across a wide spectrum of engineering disciplines coupled with an innovative flair for equipment development. This role offers progression to the Board of Directors for the right person: you will need to demonstrate your capabilities in order to achieve this promotion, which will happen within the first 2 years of employment.
The Role: Design & Development Manager / R&D Manager
Reporting to the Technical Director Director, the Design & Development Manager will be responsible for the NPD Department, participating in market assessments of new product development, design and testing. You will also be responsible for the following:
- To continuously review the existing product range from the point of view of the latest and relevant state-of-the-art developments in the industry.
- Building NPD projects plans including budget, timescale and resource allocation.
- Demonstrate financial control of projects and management of day-to-day expenditure.
- Manage the personnel within the NPD Department, briefing them on specific project activities.
- Ensure the department fulfils its regular duties such as training company staff on new products, writing the technical sections of sales literature, and assisting in the preparation of inspection and test procedures.
The Candidate: Design & Development Manager / R&D Manager
The successful candidate will consider themselves to have strong skills in electronics and project management, and will also have:
- An Honors degree/HNC/HND in Electronics, Mechanical Engineering, Physicsor related engineering subject.
- At least 5 years industrial experience of successfully managing a design or development team, this can be in any technical engineering sector.
- Possess knowledge of a broad spectrum of engineering disciplines, including foundation knowledge of metrology or measurement/optical science.
- A good staff motivator, confident with a passion to succeed.
- A proven track record of successfully working in a similar role.
- A lateral thinker with a high degree of computer literacy.
To be commutable to the office you could live in or near one of the following locations: Winchester, Basingstoke, Romsey, Newbury, Salisbury, Andover, Southampton, Portsmouth, Swindon, Reading, Bath, Eastleigh
Please contact Ashlea Harland at Rain Consultancy Group Ltd directly or click the apply button.
On applying for this position, you consent to Rain Consultancy Group Limited keeping your CV and contact information on file, so we can contact you about job opportunities. For details of our GDPR policy, please visit www.rcg-ltd.com. We aim to contact you within 24 hours if we feel your experience fits the requirements for the role. Under GDPR legislation Rain Consultancy Group Limited is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioners Office as required under the Data Protection Act 1998. Rain will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.