Workshop Team Leader - Engineering Manufacturer
- Workshop Team Leader (Working for an Engineering Manufacturer)
- Basic salary; £35,000 - £40,000
- Leading manufacturer of bespoke mechanical engineering components
Mercury Hampton is exclusively retained on this vacancy.
We are looking for a Workshop Team Leader to organise and motivate the team within the CNC area in order to improve machine efficiency and quality to meet the company growing order book and growth targets.
As the Workshop Team Leader, you'll ensure that all processes within the CNC area are carried out accurately (within company tolerances) and as efficiently as possible while ensuring the machines are maintained to the highest possible standards as described within the relevant SOP(s).
You'll facilitate change by promoting and enforcing continuous improvement activity within the team and provide support for other areas of production where necessary.
- Ensure the department's activities are conducted in accordance with the Company's published policies and procedures.
- The Company has a specific service objective of providing customer delight to both internal and external customers. The post holder is required to pay particular attention to this in the performance of all aspects of the role.
- There is a statutory duty to observe all health and safety rules and take all reasonable care to promote health and safety at work.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by a Supervisor, Manager or Director of the company.
·Management of the workshop, 8 machinists (3 manual and 5 CNC)
·Responsibility for organising production and quality of parts being produced.
·Managing allocation of jobs sheets for the machinists
·Plan and prioritise work requirements.
·Making sure jobs are finished in a timely manner and high-quality machining.
·Responsible for machine tool requirements - Enforcing housekeeping/administration of job sheets - Allocation of overtime to staff and recording hours on jobs.
The role will require the following: -
- CNC Programming, Setting and Operating experience is essential. (Fanuc programming experience is highly desirable)
- Strong character, takes no nonsense and can influence behaviours
·Track record of working in CNC environment is essential!
·Able to understand speed settings, wrong tips, machine settings.
·Could come from a related background: steels, CNC, machined components.
Please click on the apply button or contact Matthew Buchanan at Mercury Hampton directly. We aim to respond to all successful applicants within 48 hours, however if you have not heard from us within 7 working days please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.