Our client is looking for a lift technician to carry out maintenance work on disabled lifts.
- To undertake the duties of Engineering Technician:
- Carrying out investigations, preparing designs for installations or repair works, developing contract documentation, preparing drawings, specifications, schedules, minutes, reports, brochures and briefs, and tendering contracts and acting as contract administrator at a level appropriate to the general nature and disciplines of the post's duties.
- To prepare surveys, schedules of condition and maintenance reports
- To undertake financial functions from preparing initial cost estimates to preparing final accounts including dealing with any claims.
- To monitor and control scheme and programme expenditure including authorising fee payments and recommending expenditure variations as necessary.
- To prepare planned maintenance programmes and comment on planned maintenance programmes prepared by others, and suggest improvements and alternatives where appropriate.
- To liaise with contractors on routine maintenance and the inspection of all installations, investigate and report on claims of bad work standards and damage by contractors and instigate appropriate action.
- To chair site/project meetings and to attend committees, public meetings and working parties as required.
- City and Guilds/NVQ 2 Certificate or equivalent in Lift Engineering
- A LEIA Course in Stair lift Technology
- At least 3 years experience working within an environment of passenger lifts, disabled lifts and hoists.
- Full UK Driving License