This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Logistics controller and planner to join one of the UK's leading insulation and construction product manufacturers. There is a clear development strategy and future prospects for growth are bright for the business. This is a new role in the organisation as we gear up to deal with future expansion.
- A well-known brand name in its markets, established over 40 years ago, and with a reputation for quality and innovation.
- A network of manufacturing sites across the UK to service its customer base.
- A track record of ongoing investment to pioneer research and development in insulation products, along with success as a funding winner in Government sponsored competitions for innovative refurbishment products.
- Following recent strategic changes, the company is better poised than ever to be in control of its own destiny and deliver on its growth plans.
- A new role, as we make one of our existing UK sites a central hub for transport movements.
- Maximise the efficiency of the dedicated fleet across three manufacturing sites.
- Manage and control our automated booking and logistics system.
- Management of drivers, including retention and hiring, and oversee the strategic use of agency drivers.
- An experienced Transport planner and controller, who can show evidence of implementing and adapting to change in a previous Logistics career.
- Adept at working independently and on own initiative as well as part of the team.
- Not just adept at handling the needs of today - the ability to think "outside the box" and share your own ideas to senior Management about how this area of the business can develop and improve.
- Great communications and multitasking skills.