UK CATEGORY MANAGER ENGINEERING, SPARE PARTS, MRO, INDUSTRIAL LABOUR
UK CATEGORY MANAGER - ENGINEERING, SPARE PARTS, MRO, INDUSTRIAL LABOUR, PACKAGING
C£45-50000 + Car, Bonus & Benefits
Location: National remit
Our client is a global company with leading positions in many of its markets. The company provides high quality products and services to customers in more than 50 countries around the world. In the UK it now employs 50,000 employees worldwide.
In the UK it generates £multi million annual sales and has a supply network with over 400 operating locations. Our client is a dynamic organisation focused on results.
As a result of a European procurement transformation programme and restructure of the procurement function our client is seeking a degree educated, part/fully qualified CIPS Category Manager to take the lead with its Engineering Goods and Services category which includes Engineering MRO, low cost country sourced machined spare parts, packaging, IT, industrial labour including electrical and mechanical craft personnel, fabricators and welders.
As Sourcing and Procurement Category Manager you will develop and implement assigned sourcing and category strategies in the UK business unit and potentially some pan European business units. Experience of Engineering, MRO, industrial labour categories and low-cost country sourcing of machined/engineered spare parts will be critical to success. You will also be responsible for supplier performance, relationship and contract management. Your focus will be to deliver the best available commercial option, from a quality, financial, sustainable and risk perspective. Your key stakeholders will be engineering, manufacturing business units and pan European procurement at all levels.
- Identify current and new vendors for given categories/ sourcing projects and monitor market trends.
- Closely collaborate with local and global procurement teams and all relevant internal European stakeholders in order to deliver the most suitable and sustainable product/ service in each requirement instance.
- Source given requirements in compliance with our client's procurement methodology, prepare fully evaluated business cases for all negotiations, share and agree with the business and review with your line manager, the European Category Manager.
- Regular engagement with key engineering and operational stakeholders to ensure that procurement and operational strategies are aligned.
- Provide commercial support to internal engineering and operational stakeholders to ensure that the best commercial position is achieved within global and local procurement governance frameworks.
- Ensure operational engagement and early procurement involvement in the value chain ensuring compliance and adherence to commercial targets.
- Manage sustainable supply of engineering parts/MRO whilst minimising inventory and commercial risk.
- Creatively explore different approaches in negotiation agreements to achieve greatest cost benefit for our client.
- Ensure as part of the sourcing strategy, that low cost alternative operations are presented and considered as part of the evaluation.
- Continuously evaluate, identify and present new tangible cost saving opportunities.
- Monitor economic and market trends in analyse, evaluate the impact of commodity prices and their effects over current and future sourcing strategies.
- Continuously seek the best options, challenging the status quo where needed/ applicable.
- Support the European Category Manager as and when needed with reporting data relevant to the European strategy decision making process.
- Deliver measurable improvements in terms of cost savings in line with agreed savings targets to improve business profitability.
- Prepare and execute, in coordination with the Legal team, the legal documentation to support the negotiations.
- Monitor expiry dates of contracts to assure correct renewal or open new source process if needed.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and operation of vendor management strategy for all suppliers under management in your defined portfolio.
- Responsible for the management of a high value supplier portfolio of goods and services, including supplier management, negotiations and contract compliance in line with corporate strategy.
- Management of SAP agreements and tools to ensure Operations can purchase the agreed Goods and Services.
- Monitor vendor performance, provide the team and stakeholders with the appropriate feedback to anticipate any risks, difficulties or opportunities.
- Attends relevant Operational meetings to ensure Procurement and Operations are aligned and Procurement maintains high services levels to Operations.
The Ideal Candidate:
- University Degree educated
- Part or Fully Qualified CIPS/European Procurement Diploma or willing to study.
- Experience of the following categories: Engineering, MRO, Low Cost Country sourced machined/engineered parts, Industrial and Temporary Engineering labour including Mechanical, Electrical Craft personnel, Fabricators, Welders or similar, Packaging, IT.
- At least five years' experience in a Buyer, Sourcing, Procurement or Category Management role within a multinational manufacturer within the FMCG, industrial, automotive, chemicals, construction materials or engineering sector.
- Experience of developing and deploying national category/procurement strategies cross functionally at regional and business unit level.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and persuasion skills familiar with operating within a UK and pan European matrix corporate structure. Able to constructively challenge. Diplomatic, professional, credible and mature approach.
- An excellent negotiator, problem solver and collaborative team player. Commercial experience of advanced negotiations with senior stakeholders to deliver value objectives.
- Strong track record of category/procurement efficiency improvement opportunities across processes, compliance, transactions, KPI's.
- Commercially astute, with experience of assessing external supply markets and skilled in translating opportunities into long term strategies.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data, with strong financial /commercial focus whilst maintaining the "big picture" view.
- Ability to lead, persuade and influence internal and external partners through a period of change, managing transformation tactically, operationally and strategically.
- Experience of SAP. Intermediate to advanced Excel skills and strong capability in Powerpoint.
- Ambitious with potential and desire to progress further within the European procurement function.
- A second European language would be highly advantageous.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/86819570