SEND Teaching Assistant
- Experience with Profound Multiple Learning Difficulties, Autism and Complex Needs
- Primary and Secondary SEND School
- Small class sizes 6-10 students
- Fantastic resources and facilities for the students to access
Empowering Learning are currently seeking experienced and enthusiastic Teaching Assistants for our SEND Schools based in Lambeth, South London. Our Primary and Secondary SEND Schools support a wide range of differentiated SEND needs. Our Schools provide excellent facilities and support for students with additional needs and encourage students to achieve to the best of their abilities to enhance their independence and life skills. They highly encourage Teaching Assistants to have a genuine passion and understanding for SEND and the ability to take direction and differentiate approaches to learning.
As a SEND Teaching Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting students with Autism, PMLD, EBD and Complex needs, working alongside the Class Teacher and students on a full-time basis. We are looking for individuals who are hands on and proactive and can use their initiative when needed. You will be responsible for delivering activities and interventions on a small group or 1:1 basis, you must have the ability to differentiate learning approaches and be able to identify and understand pupil's individual needs, encouraging their independent skills and life skills. Class sizes at our SEND schools are between 6-10 pupils in each class and depending on the class needs, there will be one teacher and two classroom assistants in each class.
Our schools encourage an inclusive learning environment for their students and ensure they provide a curriculum that allows students to reach to the best of their abilities. Our schools also provide continual professional development for all staff members by giving individuals the opportunities to progress in their career by providing additional SEND training and access to Teacher training courses.
To be a successful SEND Teaching Assistant you must have the following:
- A confident approach to working within a SEND School
- Experience of supporting pupils who present Challenging Behaviour and Autism
- Comfortable assisting with personal care
- Have passion, willingness and dedication
- Team teach training would be desirable but not essential
- A current enhanced DBS on the update service
- Professional references to cover the last 12 months
In return, working with Empowering Learning Ltd, you will benefit from:
- Dedicated consultant with a wealth of experience committed to finding you the right role and setting for you, who will support you during your assignment.
- Competitive rates of pay, depending on experience.
- A fast clearance process, most of which can be accessed online.
If you are looking for a new challenge and have the passion and experience in SEND, we want to hear from you. Please send an up to date CV to Ryan S-Barrow at or call on .