Head of Operational Risk Country Assurance
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Head of Operational Risk Country Assurance based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
Operational risk (non-financial risk) is moving rapidly up the agenda of the board and regulators with the intensification of new non-financial threats such as cyber, financial crime, conduct and operational resilience. The role of the Operational Risk Function is critical in ensuring that firm has an effective framework to consistently manage operational risk and that this is adopted and used effectively by the Three Lines of Defence. The Head of Operational Risk Country Assurance plays a key advisory role to the Regional Head of Operational Risk and Global Head of Operational Risk Assurance to provide an opinion on and evidence effective execution of the Operational Risk mandate and quality of products delivered. They need to work in close collaboration with the Regional Operational Risk Leadership team to assure that assurance is being effectively executed, leveraging subject matter expertise to conduct activities required.
The Head of Operational Risk Country Assurance requires evidence that the Operational Risk Function are executing their accountabilities consistently across the countries in their Region and to a high-quality standard. The role holder also require evidence of the degree to which the Global Businesses, Global Functions and Risk Stewards are executing their accountabilities effectively in their countries as described in the Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF) via the Use and Adoption process.
The Head of Operational Risk Country Assurance is responsible for providing assurance services to the Regional Head of Operational risk and Global COO Operational Risk to provide evidence and opinion with respect to the compliance and effectiveness of the function, identifying gaps and monitoring remediation plans to successful conclusion. In partnership with the Global Head of Operational Risk Assurance, they are responsible for driving the wider use and adoption process across the First and Second Line of Defence to collate an overall opinion of ORMF embedment, gaps and management action plans to close for the countries in their region.
This leadership role is critical in supporting the Regional Head and Group COO of Operational Risk, ensuring that operations are effective. This will have to be reliant on an individual with a strong ability to influence, and effective in collaborating with the Heads of Operations to execute a number of the activities required to be successful.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Subject matter expert in operational risk management and should be able to drive insight and distil opinion to inform the Regional Head of Operational Risk and Global Head of Operational Risk Assurance.
- Subject matter expert in assurance methodology and best practice; provide vision to the organization and inspire others to follow.
- Self-starter who can lead independently – ability to shape and drive activity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and should be able to engage and influence senior management and internal teams and different cultures across firm as required.
- Credibility and trust - A proven influencer who can distil the material insights and actions to improve performance.
- Resilient and determined – proven ability to lead in times of challenge; to hold the vision and deliver the tough messages when required.
- Recognised leadership skills, demonstrated ability to shape, influence and effect change through people in a large matrix global organisation.
Closing dates for applications 17th July 2019